MuLab 4.1.14

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a new MuLab 4.1.14 version available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/cedar

How to install: http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/installation.html

What's changed since M4.1.11:
  • Improved the session MUX audio input/audio modules: Now you can choose the effective in/out device pins to be used.
  • Same for the Session MIDI Output modules: You can define the effective output port by editing that MIDI Output module.
  • Session MUX Audio Inputs/Outputs now use the effective audio device jack names by default.
  • Session MUX: removed the irrelevant modulation input/output from its module list.
  • Audio Recorder dialog uses wider displays and uses clear Mono/Stereo labels for the channel mode.
  • When multiple audio recorder dialogs were open for the same audio recorder, changing the Chans (Num Channels) or Nrmlz (Auto-Normalize) was not reflected in the other.
  • Audio recorder panel now has tool tips for the "Chans" and "Nrmlz" properties.
  • Module editors are now 'toggled' i.e. when an editor is not open it's opened, when it's opened but hardy visible, it's focused, else it's closed. This also applies to the Session MUX editor.
  • "Edit MIDI Input Focuses" renamed to "Edit MIDI Input Channel Targets". And the "Target Module" label is renamed to "Focused Module".
  • Finetuned the MIDI input channeling behaviour.
  • Fixed a crash bug when using e.g. "Per Event" MIDI channels, then selecting that part and playing the focused module keyboard at the top right.
  • Finetuned default output selection for new racks.
  • Finetuned mouse behaviour when doing click-hold to start a drag. (longer threshold time)
  • "Trim To Selection" now taken into account on save sample.
  • When recording a user movie, some popup dialogs were not centered within the recording area.
About the new 'toggle' strategy for module editors: This is an experimental solution to the 'show/hide editor' request. The tests here in the dev room showed it was working fine, but i'm curious for your feedback on this.

Cheers!
Last edited by mutools on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nice update!

In/out handling is nice and easy again. The actual IO modules taking the hardware IO name is a handy little feature too.

Oops, this is about M4.1.14 (not M4.1.12 as i first wrote)

Strange. When simply opening and playing the included demo song "pure" (with 4 visible tracks) every some seconds you hear this "reminder-noise" (to upgrade mulab to XL or UL). Should not happen with an included demo song.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

Eggu wrote:Strange. When simply opening and playing the included demo song "pure" (with 4 visible tracks) every some seconds you hear this "reminder-noise" (to upgrade mulab to XL or UL). Should not happen with an included demo song.
Why not?

Because as I know up to 4 tracks should run with free version. (I know from similar discussion in this forum. Because it is an included demo song, I assume there are no additional hidden tracks)
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

Eggu wrote:Because as I know up to 4 tracks should run with free version.
Indeed.
Because it is an included demo song, I assume there are no additional hidden tracks
Ah, but this demo uses per track MIDI channels on track 2 so to use different sounds on a single track. That's also initiating the demo noise, cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/mulab-versions.html

Maybe it would be less confusing for a demo listener if track 2 was splitted into 2 tracks.

Return to “MUTOOLS”