UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

otristan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:02 pm
newluc wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:59 am Please, any chance to have vst3 version?
Thanks
When it will make sense, yes.
Right now, I don't see which VST3 feature you will get that you can't have in VST2.
Wouldn't that make possible audio input in Falcon? (if you plan of adding that at some moment in the future)

otristan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:01 pm
rasmusklump wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:49 am Has it the fix for making the preset files with acoustic samples libraries smaller ?
yes
Thanks very much

digitallysane wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:07 pm
otristan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:02 pm
newluc wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:59 am Please, any chance to have vst3 version?
Thanks
When it will make sense, yes.
Right now, I don't see which VST3 feature you will get that you can't have in VST2.
Wouldn't that make possible audio input in Falcon? (if you plan of adding that at some moment in the future)
That's already possible in vst2

otristan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:23 am Falcon 2.1.5 has been released.
Any news about support for M1 - Apple Silicon?
I'm about to purchase a new MacBook Pro, and it's going to be an M1.
How is Falcon running in Rosetta?

machinesworking wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:16 pm
apple's WWDC is next week. might want to wait a week and see if something new is coming from apple. might be too soon for another new revision of the macbook pro but who knows.. we're in weird times.

I might be totally stupid (well, yes I really am, there are things you can't deny in life) but whatever I try, I'm totally unable to apply an ADSR filter to a custom sampled patch. I've tried to search for solutions on google, no luck so far. I simply want to make a very simple cutoff to follow an envelope : actually I want it to close very shortly after the attack. But the filter stands still, it just never follows the envelope.

It seems to be applied correctly since 1/I can hear the filter and 2/if I click on "inverted" in the modulation parameters, the filter changes its behaviour. But it still doesn't move with the envelope.

Can anyone please direct me to a solution please ? I must have missed something.

What I've done is :
- add a filter to the layer
- right click on the cutoff, add modulation to layer, any envelope
=> the filter doesn't move with the envelope
(of course I've tried many other ways, nothing is working)
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:26 am I might be totally stupid (well, yes I really am, there are things you can't deny in life) but whatever I try, I'm totally unable to apply an ADSR filter to a custom sampled patch. I've tried to search for solutions on google, no luck so far. I simply want to make a very simple cutoff to follow an envelope : actually I want it to close very shortly after the attack. But the filter stands still, it just never follows the envelope.

It seems to be applied correctly since 1/I can hear the filter and 2/if I click on "inverted" in the modulation parameters, the filter changes its behaviour. But it still doesn't move with the envelope.

Can anyone please direct me to a solution please ? I must have missed something.

What I've done is :
You have to add the filter on keygroup level, not layer level. This is the top FAQ with Falcon.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:48 am
DJErmac wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:26 am I might be totally stupid (well, yes I really am, there are things you can't deny in life) but whatever I try, I'm totally unable to apply an ADSR filter to a custom sampled patch. I've tried to search for solutions on google, no luck so far. I simply want to make a very simple cutoff to follow an envelope : actually I want it to close very shortly after the attack. But the filter stands still, it just never follows the envelope.

What I've done is :
You have to add the filter on keygroup level, not layer level. This is the top FAQ with Falcon.
Thank you so much, will try this ! :tu:

EDIT : the filter is working at last, thank you again !
But still, there is something wrong with what I'm doing : the filter is acting like it's a parallel effect.
I have :
-Part 1
--Layer 1
---Keygroup (the filter is here)
---my samples
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

dayjob wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:39 am
apple's WWDC is next week. might want to wait a week and see if something new is coming from apple. might be too soon for another new revision of the macbook pro but who knows.. we're in weird times.
Yeah, it's almost a given that Apple's releasing the 16" M(1X or 2) Apple Silicon Macbook Pro next week, too many leaks. If I don't have to sell a liver to get it, that's what I'm getting, otherwise the Air without a fan.

Bitwig is Apple Silicon native, with that, U-He and Falcon I can wait on the rest without feeling too let down. Long shot I know but I have to ask.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:57 am
dayjob wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:39 am
Yeah, it's almost a given that Apple's releasing the 16" M(1X or 2) Apple Silicon Macbook Pro next week, too many leaks. If I don't have to sell a liver to get it, that's what I'm getting, otherwise the Air without a fan.

Bitwig is Apple Silicon native, with that, U-He and Falcon I can wait on the rest without feeling too let down. Long shot I know but I have to ask.
at worst you'll probably have to run it under rosetta 2 according to their support info:

https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/articl ... 11-Big-Sur
UVI products are supported on macOS 11 Big Sur on Intel-based Macs only, and M1-based Macs using Rosetta 2. UVI plug-ins do not offer native M1 support yet.

To use UVI products on new Apple Silicon Macs (ARM-based M1 processors), you may need to launch your DAW under Rosetta 2 (right-click the application icon, select "Get Info" then select "Open using Rosetta").

For the next big update (maybe Falcon 3?) I hope that UVI concentrates on the usability/easiness of the software. Maybe some coloring or other visual improvements would help to differentiate between sections of the software, for example levels (keygroups, layers, program)? Falcon is extremely powerful, we all know that, but the GUI is not at its best.

DJErmac wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:52 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:48 am

What I've done is :
Thank you so much, will try this ! :tu:

EDIT : the filter is working at last, thank you again !
But still, there is something wrong with what I'm doing : the filter is acting like it's a parallel effect.
I have :
-Part 1
--Layer 1
---Keygroup (the filter is here)
---my samples
Each sample needs its own keygroup filter, so select all keygroups first, then add the filters, then apply the modulation.

Audio input would be very much welcome, agreed. And seconding UI/workflow improvements in general.

Also, is there any way to make IRCAM Stretch usable for those without next-gen supercomputers (presumably) ... ?

kvotchin wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:29 am Audio input would be very much welcome
Couldn’t it instantly decimate the potential market for their standalone FX plugins like Thorus and Sparkverb if it lets you set up Falcon to take the input, pass it through an effect and output the result?
I don’t own them so not sure if they’re exactly the same as the ones included in Falcon.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:03 pm
kvotchin wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:29 am Audio input would be very much welcome
Couldn’t it instantly decimate the potential market for their standalone FX plugins like Thorus and Sparkverb if it lets you set up Falcon to take the input, pass it through an effect and output the result?
I don’t own them so not sure if they’re exactly the same as the ones included in Falcon.
It would be great to at least have side chaining and live envelope generation from external audio.

I don't think people using the effects standalone would want to go through a Falcon instance just to use Sparkverb.

Return to “Instruments”