UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

How ?

If you have multiple samples selected when dropping them into Falcon, you'll see. They all get dropped and spread out, you can modify the zone spread before you release the drop by moving the mouse vertically.

Awesome !

I didn’t know that.

Thanks for the info.

By the way, as my question didn’t get answered, do you know if multis created in Falcon can be opened in UVI Workstation ?

I’d imagine that if you make a Falcon patch consisting of synth sources (or hybrid) it will not work in Workstation.

However, this next level of lazyness is amazing: since yesterday you still didnt’t try it yourself

That's because I don't have Falcon.

I only have UVI Workstation.

Don’t buy Falcon patches then, unless the dev specifies additional Workstation compatibility.

Thank you for your answers.

musicartist wrote: By the way, as my question didn’t get answered, do you know if multis created in Falcon can be opened in UVI Workstation ?
UVI Workstation only opens UFS files. UFS are special files that encapsulate everything (entire collections of samples, presets and multis) in a single file.

When we create a preset or a multi in Falcon, we create UVIP files (the preset files) and UVIM files (the multi files). The samples remain as single files that are referenced by those files. It's a method similar to the way Kontakt works for commercial libraries vs. user-created libraries.

UVI Workstation cannot read those UVIP or UVIM files, only UFS files. So far, I saw no way to create these files in Falcon. I guess you would need some special tools that UVI only supplies to those who pay them the fee to create commercial libraries (there are some out there).

OTOH, Falcon also reads UFS files, and I guess you can save a preset or a Multi from the UFS as a UVIM or UVIP (although I never tried this).
Last edited by fmr on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Thank you for your clear explanation.

That's exactly what I wanted to know.

I was thinking of buying Falcon, but it seems quite expensive.

I love the workflow that is presented in the tutorial videos, and the ease of use.

Thanks again.

It's pretty much worth that money.

Well, some of our suggestions were not only listened :)
Falcon has been updated to version 1.5.2
What's new?
- [Add] Optional oversampling in Exciter, Fuzz, Overdrive and Analog Crunch FX
- [Fix] Oversampling in Wave Shaper
- [Fix] Possible crashes when changing oscillator type
- Serialize slice oscillator markers when they differ from the one in the sample itself
- Minor UI mods
Owners can download the update via their 'My Products' page: http://www.uvi.net/my-products.

Wow, it happened. Nice to see common sense prevailed :)

By the way, did anyone noticed that pretty much all big companies (at least the ones I have purchases from) - Sonnox, Soundtoys, UVI, Zynaptiq (and all the rest of manufacturers in my iLok) - send newsletters for anything else except update notifications?

I would love them to make this more hardware controller friendly, this is so hard to get working with my S Series Komplete Kontrol keyboard. Every time I create one mapping for I preset I have to remove everything before making the next one. It doesnt seem to have been designed with physical controllers in mind.

Oh damn, i try to add Slice oscilator in v1.5.2 in clean stack from scratch but get crash message (An unexpected error ocured in this...etc)
Win7 64bit, Studio one 3 64bit
Not just for me ?

Return to “Instruments”