UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:11 pm UVI Portal seems to use some kind of torrent technique... Torrents can be blocked by German internet providers. Maybe I am wrong. Couldn't make UVI Portal working... Stuck at "Gathering information 2/2".
medienhexer wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:51 pm Try a VPN.

For whatever reason, they have a bandwidth problem connected to German ISPs. Didn‘t believe it, used a VPN to change location to France, problem solved.
How do I get such a VPN on macos? I don't have any such account.
there's free ones.. opera has one built in

https://www.opera.com/features/free-vpn

It worked now, just had to wait 2 hours, and set to single download in the options of uvi portal. The initial data fetching does not seem to work very well, my firewall also showed me that around 1000 connections overall were opened via udp. I don't think that 1000 connections still will increase the download speed.

I would prefer manual oldschool download from the webpage. UVI portal is well made and feels professional, only initial download is very slow, plus it is nightmare regarding privacy (just like every custom installer with download/upload).

Back to Falcon: I now installed these nice soundware expansions. Is it possible though to extract drummulation from Emulation II+? Since Emulation II+ takes almost 12GB on my expensive SSD space, and I am not interested in sampled synths, but very much in the drums...? Having only drummulation installed would heavily reduce the used space.

Preset bugs in UVI Falcon expansion pack 'Kinetics'

MOON Ambient > Dark Matter > Overtones 19.47%
MOON Ambient > Neutrons > Alien glitchs 80.53%

When the values of both presets reach this value, the sound is completely muted.

Could that be some sort of automute functionality like in Reaper where it stops signals going over a total volume limit?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:39 am Back to Falcon: I now installed these nice soundware expansions. Is it possible though to extract drummulation from Emulation II+? Since Emulation II+ takes almost 12GB on my expensive SSD space, and I am not interested in sampled synths, but very much in the drums...? Having only drummulation installed would heavily reduce the used space.
No. Everything is in an encrypted monolith.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:58 am It worked now, just had to wait 2 hours, and set to single download in the options of uvi portal. The initial data fetching does not seem to work very well, my firewall also showed me that around 1000 connections overall were opened via udp. I don't think that 1000 connections still will increase the download speed.

I would prefer manual oldschool download from the webpage. UVI portal is well made and feels professional, only initial download is very slow, plus it is nightmare regarding privacy (just like every custom installer with download/upload).
Download speed in Germany has been fixed in theory.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

@otristan , the PRINT friendly PDF on the Falcon page (https://www.uvi.net/en/instruments/falc ... tech-specs) is for v 2.5, while the screen friendly one is updated for v2.8 .

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:15 pmencrypted monolith.
That should be a band name.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Yep, playing trve kvlt blak metal. :P

I wonder if the Rain, Cartesian, Probability,Warp, etc. sequencers might become modulators? Continuous controller sequencers.
Or am I missing something that already has that in Falcon.
Falcon user since 2015

Any advice on how to contact the developers for bug reports and possible feature requests?

I've been collecting a lot of usability issues and niggles over a period of about 3 months now but more importantly I've managed to crash Falcon 2.8 several times lately. For instance, just now I wanted to insert an EQ module to a sound I've made (on the Program level) and it instantly crashed when I tried to switch from L/R mode into Mid/Side mode and add an EQ node.

I've got the crash log saved and would like to send it somewhere of relevance. The support page doesn't have a category for bug/crash reports.

In general, Falcon seems pretty unstable here on my Mac M1. Been able to crash it numerous times and it always hard crashes, taking Reaper with it as well. Quite frustrating to say the least.

Another possible bug: crossfade looping doesn't work correctly when in alternate/pingpong mode. It just clicks horribly and is not usable. Only works in forward mode which is a shame. Also, where the hell is reverse looping? And finally, how the hell do I change between forward and alternate looping modes without having to delete the whole loop area and start over??
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:22 pm Any advice on how to contact the developers for bug reports and possible feature requests?
The Support entry on the UVI website.
Login with your username.

digitallysane wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:35 pm
bmanic wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:22 pm Any advice on how to contact the developers for bug reports and possible feature requests?
The Support entry on the UVI website.
Login with your username.
Yeah I found that of course but there is no specific topic selection for bug reports. Guess I could file it under "Misc" for tech support.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

EDIT: yup! Fixed in the latest update. Sorry for the spam :oops:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “Instruments”