DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

melodyz wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:40 pm I I noticed that on the fire in the channel mode when selecting individual drum parts of a kit, that the third knob which controls how much send effect on each part of the kit (not the whole drums) only works on the first 4 slots C1-Eb2 in the kit. I went up a page to E1-G2 raange (the next four) and the option is not available.
Will be fixed in the next update.

DrivenByMoss 10.7.4 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • APC40
    • New: Converted crossfader to new hardware API
    • Fixed: Knob value changes could hang if takeover mode was set to Catch.
    • Fixed: Coloring of Tempo mode in simulator was wrong.
  • Fire
    • New: The pad index is now displayed (instead of the pad index).
    • New: Added knob speed settings
    • Fixed: Note was always created with velocity of 0 in drum sequencer (except when Accent was enabled).
  • MCU
    • Fixed: Motor fader value changes could hang if takeover mode was set to Catch.
Enjoy!

This is cool! i changed the knob sensitivity to +16 which is pretty good.

There does seem to be some lag in the fire display now or the display message doesnt update - also the select knob isnt changing the pitch on select notes. Then as I played with it moving the selector knob it came back and is working.

Check out the drum sequencer on the channel setting third knob. It seems like the send fx 1 will not adjust unless I first press the pad.

moss wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:46 am
proteus-ix wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:40 pm Any plans / ETA on a script for MPC One? I would also love one for the Maschine Jam, but I see you already ruled that out.
Akai is pretty married to Ableton but I can check if something is possible.
That would be awesome, thanks! I'm hoping since they have Ableton-specific products already, they'll want the MPC One to be available with other DAWs.

Hi Moss, thanks for all the hard work you do! Do you have any plans to work on the Launchkey MK3 series? I have the Launchkey 25 MK3 (almost exactly the Launchkey Mini but with a few extra buttons). I almost got your Launchkey Mini script to work with it but of course there are certain features that don't work.

JordanWean wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:34 pm Hi Moss, thanks for all the hard work you do! Do you have any plans to work on the Launchkey MK3 series? I have the Launchkey 25 MK3 (almost exactly the Launchkey Mini but with a few extra buttons). I almost got your Launchkey Mini script to work with it but of course there are certain features that don't work.
I have currently no plans to do it.

moss wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:21 pm
AFranke wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:02 pm Hi Jürgen,
I really liked that you have implemented the lightguide on the Novation SL MK3, but does it make sense how it's been implemented? I don't think so. My thoughts on this:
I guess you did not notice that you can set the scale and root key in the document settings. The light guide will then change accordingly.
DocumentSettings.png
:dog: Ha, ha, ha, never stumbled upon this setting. Sorry, my fault. Now it makes sense! Stupid me... :D

Thank you so much!

Updated to Bitwig Beta 3.3 on Mac - when going into Controllers, Driven By Moss extension does not show up for Komplete Kontrol S61, (only native Bitwig script).

ihearanewworld wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:04 pm Updated to Bitwig Beta 3.3 on Mac - when going into Controllers, Driven By Moss extension does not show up for Komplete Kontrol S61, (only native Bitwig script).
Then I guess the DrivenByMoss.bwextension file is missing or not found?!

request deleted

I've just come up with a neat productivity tip for anyone using the DrivenByMoss extension on macOS with the Launchpad X. You'll need some form of keyboard macro software, either a built in macOS feature, or my preferred option, Keyboard Maestro.

The steps are:

1. Make a copy of the "DrivenByMoss-Manual.pdf" file, call it something like "Launchpad X - DrivenByMoss.pdf"
2. View "Launchpad X - DrivenByMoss.pdf" from Finder by pressing Space.
3. Click on "Open with Preview" to load Preview with the document.
4. Select View -> Thumbnails from the menu.
5. Use the Delete key repeatedly to remove all those boring pages with text on. That'll be the first 79 pages with the latest version.
6. Use the same technique to remove any later unwanted pages. In my case I was left with 20 colourful pages 😉
7. Select File -> Save from the menu.
8. Use whatever keyboard macro software you have to create a macro which will open the "Launchpad X - DrivenByMoss.pdf" document in Preview and assign a handy shortcut - I used ⌃⌥⌘L

I realised that the thing that was inhibiting my use of the Launchpad X with Bitwig was the lack of instant, easy to read docs. I'm hoping that repeated use of this will hopefully train my brain and muscle-memory to master this tool 😀

Here's the Keyboard Maestro macro...

Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 17.41.40.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bitwig 5.2 beta 1 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + Presonus Studio One Pro 6.6
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4.1 Sonoma

Hi Moss,

I'm currently playing with a push 2 controller, which I intend to use on bitwig/linux only.

And... so far so good, thank you for your work! That's pretty awesome.

I was wondering if you intend to implement the Drum mode w/ 16 velocities that's available on the ableton version of the controller? It can be seen on the Akai Force as well, and it looks pretty convenient.

Anything else you're working on on the push 2?

RedBumble wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm I was wondering if you intend to implement the Drum mode w/ 16 velocities that's available on the ableton version of the controller? It can be seen on the Akai Force as well, and it looks pretty convenient.
Sorry, no plans.
RedBumble wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm Anything else you're working on on the push 2?
Still making my way to a lot of internal code changes to support the new hardware API. But there is light at the end of the tunnel :-) After that I will look into some new ideas (the list is already long).

Hi Jürgen,
the stupid and his SLMK3 is here again. :D
Now I'm knowing where to setup the scale for my Keyboard I'm missing one stupid scale: chromatic
Is it a pain in the ass to implement it, would be a nice default setting I think. I would really love it, maybe other ones too. :-)

Btw. is there a way to give you a little donation via PayPal?

Regards
Andreas

AFranke wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:37 pm Now I'm knowing where to setup the scale for my Keyboard I'm missing one stupid scale: chromatic
Is it a pain in the ass to implement it, would be a nice default setting I think. I would really love it, maybe other ones too. :-)
So, you like Christmas trees? :-)
Didn't think someone would need this. Is there a real use-case?
AFranke wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:37 pm Btw. is there a way to give you a little donation via PayPal?
No need to.

Return to “Controller Scripting”