DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

DrivenByMoss 12.2.2 is out!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • All devices
    • New: Clicking the question mark on the settings page does now open the PDF manual.
  • Maschine+ / Mk3
    • New: Last touchstrip mode is remembered when switching between categories (Pitch, CC, Note Repeat).
    • Fixed: Touchstrip did not update, reinstall the template!
    • Fixed: Mapping of user parameters did not work.
  • Novation SLMkIII
    • Fixed: Clip indication was not displayed.
    • Fixed: Improved project left/right label.
  • Push
    • Fixed: Color selection did trigger the pad release event on the previous grid mode.
Enjoy!

Hello Juergen i can confirm both the improvements on the Novation SL mk3 are working fine!

Novation SLMkIII
Fixed: Clip indication was not displayed.
Fixed: Improved project left/right label.

Great finally i can leave Ableton :-)

I can confirm everything works great in beta 4.02 aswell

Push 2 is working again :)

Thanks for your awesome work on this Moss!

moss wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:45 am Actually a bug. Will be fixed in the next update!
Sounds good. also the rest of your answer. Thx Jürgen.

Hi Jürgen,

Versions: 12.2.1 and 12.2.2
What: OSC controller script
Bitwig Version: 4 b1 and b2 (haven't tested on v3)
Error: CC xy should be handled in framework... on all CCs (CCs 1 and 11 are passed through to Bitwig, despite generating the error, the other CCs I've been trying aren't passed through by the script)

Using the Keyboard +8 Device Knobs (cc20-27) script with the same MIDI input all CCs (even outside the 20-27 range) are passed through fine, just not OSC controls of course.

Am I assuming correctly that the intention of the OSC script is to also allow MIDI CCs?

Any advice?

Thank you
Markus

Hello, do you know if a bitwig script exists for the nanokey studio? it would be great ! thanks

Augren wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:56 am Hi Jürgen,

Versions: 12.2.1 and 12.2.2
What: OSC controller script
Bitwig Version: 4 b1 and b2 (haven't tested on v3)
Error: CC xy should be handled in framework... on all CCs (CCs 1 and 11 are passed through to Bitwig, despite generating the error, the other CCs I've been trying aren't passed through by the script)

Using the Keyboard +8 Device Knobs (cc20-27) script with the same MIDI input all CCs (even outside the 20-27 range) are passed through fine, just not OSC controls of course.

Am I assuming correctly that the intention of the OSC script is to also allow MIDI CCs?

Any advice?

Thank you
Markus
The OSC extension is for OSC not MIDI. The MIDI input is only required to get MIDI messages into Bitwig for playing notes or controllers with the /vkb_midi/* commands (this is a workaround for an API limitation). Best is to use a virtual MIDI ports which is not used by anything else.

moss wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:49 am The OSC extension is for OSC not MIDI. The MIDI input is only required to get MIDI messages into Bitwig for playing notes or controllers with the /vkb_midi/* commands (this is a workaround for an API limitation). Best is to use a virtual MIDI ports which is not used by anything else.
Thanks for clarifying 👍

Hi Jürgen,
first I have to say I love the Bitwig extensions. So far it works great.
However, I have a somewhat odd question in regard to my Novation Launchpad Mini MK3. I am looking to achieve the following:

Instead of having to KEEP the SHIFT button pushed down, I would like to press it once, and than the Launchpad goes and stays in the shift-modus so I can than afterwards select one of the additional functionalities. (Or alternatively pressing it once again the Launchpad goes back into the modus I was before if I do not select any additional functionalitiy).

I know this is a strange request but for the project I am working on I can not keep the button pressed down. Is there any way for me to modify the controller script? Or does anybody know a workaround?

I appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Mokojin wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:31 pm Hi Jürgen,
However, I have a somewhat odd question in regard to my Novation Launchpad Mini MK3. I am looking to achieve the following:

Instead of having to KEEP the SHIFT button pushed down, I would like to press it once, and than the Launchpad goes and stays in the shift-modus so I can than afterwards select one of the additional functionalities. (Or alternatively pressing it once again the Launchpad goes back into the modus I was before if I do not select any additional functionalitiy).

I know this is a strange request but for the project I am working on I can not keep the button pressed down. Is there any way for me to modify the controller script? Or does anybody know a workaround?

I appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Not so strange. Will be put it on the wishlist but no promises.

Hi Moss,
I am planning to buy a controller with led ring encoders (like the midi fighter twister or the behringer xtouch mini).
I was wondering if using them with your generic flexi would work as expected. Particularly, will the current value of a parameter controlled by an encoder will update the led ring?
Also do you have any experience with the Faderbox EC4? The current values are displayed on a lcd screen, but I suppose it follows the same protocol as the led ring?
Thank you in advance for your input,
All the best

banermattou wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:38 pm I am planning to buy a controller with led ring encoders (like the midi fighter twister or the behringer xtouch mini).
I was wondering if using them with your generic flexi would work as expected. Particularly, will the current value of a parameter controlled by an encoder will update the led ring?
If you can trigger the LED ring with the same MIDI CC that it sends, yes.
banermattou wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:38 pm Also do you have any experience with the Faderbox EC4?
No.
banermattou wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:38 pm The current values are displayed on a lcd screen, but I suppose it follows the same protocol as the led ring?
Yes.

Thank you Moss for taking the time to answer.
moss wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:56 pm If you can trigger the LED ring with the same MIDI CC that it sends, yes.
Yes that is indeed the big "if" :)
I guess I will buy one of those and try what I can do with it, and send it back if it does not work.
Cheers.

moss wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:01 am
Mokojin wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:31 pm Hi Jürgen,

I appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Not so strange. Will be put it on the wishlist but no promises.
Hey Jürgen,

I'd love to see toggle for the shift button as well. On push 1 I should add.
On my DJ-Mixer the solution is pretty nice. When you press the button just for a small moment it toggles the function (e.g. cue or fx on). When holding the button for a longer time (>~500ms) the function is activated momentarily. So actually it's similar to repeat or scales on push if I remember correctly.

I don't know what I'd do without your extension. Probably trying to learn java to have some rudimentary functions in the end.

So thank you very much for your great work.

Out of curiosity: Are you in any way connected with bitwig? As in, do they pay you? I think they should, since you add so much functionality to the software. Without your extension many people wouldn't dare switching to bitwig.

Malte

mimamalte wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 am I'd love to see toggle for the shift button as well. On push 1 I should add.
On my DJ-Mixer the solution is pretty nice. When you press the button just for a small moment it toggles the function (e.g. cue or fx on). When holding the button for a longer time (>~500ms) the function is activated momentarily. So actually it's similar to repeat or scales on push if I remember correctly.
Yeah, that's the idea I had too.
mimamalte wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 am Out of curiosity: Are you in any way connected with bitwig? As in, do they pay you?
No. And this is how I want it to be :-)

Return to “Controller Scripting”