Solo Bug?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When soloing a channel within a multi out instrument like Drum Machine other channels outside the Drum Machine group are not muted.
To soloing this multi out channel I've to solo the Drum Machine group.

For me this is a bug :)

Elias1957 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:15 pm When soloing a channel within a multi out instrument like Drum Machine other channels outside the Drum Machine group are not muted.
To soloing this multi out channel I've to solo the Drum Machine group.

For me this is a bug :)
No, it's not a bug. You're soloing channels INSIDE a device, just like you would with Layer, Selector, multi-out VST, etc. It's consistent and logical.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Sry, soloing a channel in the most DAWs (I don't not all of them but many) is ... solo. BWS behavior is not straight forward, solo depending on channel type? Strange. So they should name the button "Mute other channels in this device" and not "Solo".

The solo button in the pad e.g. is not what I'm talking about, here I see the aspect to solo or mute a part of the device is really clear, but in the Mixconsole?

Elias1957 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 am Sry, soloing a channel in the most DAWs (I don't not all of them but many) is ... solo. BWS behavior is not straight forward, solo depending on channel type? Strange. So they should name the button "Mute other channels in this device" and not "Solo".

The solo button in the pad e.g. is not what I'm talking about, here I see the aspect to solo or mute a part of the device is really clear, but in the Mixconsole?
No, it's not 'channel type'. It's a device.

Say you have Kontakt with multiple instruments loaded in it. If you solo one of the instruments INSIDE Kontakt, do all the other VSTs on other tracks in your project get muted? No. Same thing. Same logic.

I think you're simply confused because Bitwig - unlike other DAWs - actually displays the inter-device channels in Mixer (for Drum Machine, Layer & Selector containers if they're first in the chain), but notice that those channels look a bit different - there'd a different icon (2 arrows pointing down) and they're slimmer, which indicates those are channels WITHIN the device, not really mixer channels.
Music tech enthusiast

Disabling local solo seems to do the trick. Thanks! This has been bugging me for a while :hihi:

Yes, thanks for the screenshot, now it works as expected ;-)

mrfrenkie wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:53 am Image
Thanks, I had no idea this is what it does! :clap:
Elias1957 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:20 pm Yes, thanks for the screenshot, now it works as expected ;-)
Sorry, I was wrong apparently. The behaviour still made sense to me and was consistent across the board, I just wasn't aware it can be changed. This should've been an option in Settings, too.
Last edited by antic604 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:30 am This should've been an option in Settings, too.
+1. That's the first place I checked to change this behaviour, it never occurred to me to check the Studio I/O.

mrfrenkie wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:53 am Image
Thanks for solving a mistery for me :)
Bitwig, Renoise, Mixbus32c, Reason 12, ToneBoosters, TokyoDawnLabs...

Return to “Bitwig”