jupiter force string/hand position don't work

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-LROp4 ... e=youtu.be

i originally posted complaining about how hydra's tone sucked but now I have a new set of problems after updating, which is what was recommended to me, and my biggest concern is that jupiter isn't behaving properly anymore. the video above is an example.

as shown in the video it doesn't matter what I do, jupiter doesn't respond. it was playing the chord normally before I updated today and now it will only play that chord using the 4th string instead of the 6th string.I would at least prefer that it was using the 5th string, but it won't react to any of my commands. I want it to play either the 14th fret on the 7th string or the 9th fret on the fifth string, but it will only play the 4th fret the 4th string, and that sounds horrible palm muted.

I tried using multiple presets to see if something would change and it just keeps doing the same behavior. as shown at the end of the video hydra plays the chord properly (whereas, before updating, it wasn't, and jupiter was. now it's the opposite)

We're aware of the issue and will be fixed.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:55 pm We're aware of the issue and will be fixed.
is there a workaround? just now I somehow managed to get it to work, but after closing it and reopening it I couldn't recreate it.

If your notes are quantized in the DAW the poly input latency algorithm is applied even if you set it to 0, and in this case force string doesn't work.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:06 am If your notes are quantized in the DAW the poly input latency algorithm is applied even if you set it to 0, and in this case force string doesn't work.
that is a serious issue. how long until this gets fixed, do you know? or is there a way I can go back to an older version? before I updated it was working perfectly fine.

You can revert to previous version in Pulse downloader IIRC.

You can also not use quantized notes in your DAW for the time being and then force string will work.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:31 am You can revert to previous version in Pulse downloader IIRC.

You can also not use quantized notes in your DAW for the time being and then force string will work.
is this only a known problem with jupiter? hydra works properly after updating.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”