Shreddage 3 Hydra: Strumming Mode Active, But Notes are Not Triggering

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I've recently bought and begun learning Shreddage 3 Hydra. Yesterday, I wrote some parts that involved use of the strumming mode keyswitch followed by strums placed through MIDI. Yesterday, I had them working, but today upon beginning to work on my track again, the notes refused to trigger. First, I moved the G7 MIDI note for the Strumming Mode Latch keyswitch to the left, starting slightly before the measure, thinking it might help the software read better, but this didn't seem to make a difference. In fact, I think the chord isn't being read at all for some reason, since the red dots on the GUI do not appear when the chord comes up in the piano roll.

I've recorded a video and uploaded it to youtube here so you can see and hear what is happening:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArzIpekaPC0

Here is a list of some of my settings, to help see if there's anything affecting this, or anything that can be tweaked. Note that I am in FL Studio, so what is a G7 for me is, I think, a G5 in other DAWs.

Strum on poly input was on, but I tried this with it off as well to no difference.
Poly input knob was 12ms in the video, I've turned it to 0 and had the same issue.
Strumming Mode Toggle Keyswitch- Fsharp7
Strumming Mode Latch Keyswitch-G7
Full Upstrum-Gsharp7
Full downstrum-A7
Partial Downstrum-Asharp7
Partial Upstrum-B7
Transpose and Global Offset knobs are off
Strumming Mode Settings (I believe these are default):
Strum Speed map-velocity, CC2
Strum Velocity Map-Velocity, CC7
Strum distance map-CC, CC1, Inverted
Strum Audition mode: none
Keyswitchable: On

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help solve the issue. Thanks!

UPDATE!

I played with the part again today and realized the issue lied in the chord I was using. Removing some notes (F and D#) allowed the chord to be voiced properly and played. My lack of music theory and guitar knowledge screwed me over, haha.

However, I think there's a new issue here. That chord, however whacky and impractical it may be, could be played outside of Strumming mode. What feature of strumming mode or setting was causing it to be unable to be played? Could the default hand size of 3 be much too small? I was playing around with that setting at one point, which might be why I swear that chord was played right once before. I might've then overwritten the setting by switching snapshots, causing the part to break. If anyone sees this, please let me know if I'm on the right track! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”