Linux builds overview (2024-02-16)

Just noticed a linux ZebraCM in the list :hyper: Somebody has been busy and maybe a little too quiet? Time to buy a new issue of the magazine. Thanks for adding to the collection! Urs did a great analog brass preset for the original soundbank. :love:
Cheers

Updated the first post, revision 12092 is now available directly from the product pages for most plugins.

BazilleCM and BeatZille should be available from Computer Music magazine in the coming days.
ZebraCM should be available from Beat magazine in the coming days.

The Dark Zebra (ZebraHZ) can be requested the usual way, via the myLicenses form on the website.
Should work soon, we are still updating the website atm.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Hi,
I bought a Computer Music magazine last week issue #299, hoping I would be able to get the ZebraCM for Linux, however its not availble at filesilo. Both pocketmags or filesilo dont respond to my mails regarding the issue.. At this point I feel riped off :(

How do I get the ZebraCM 1.1.1 (revision 12092) for linux ?

We supplied the plugins to them shortly before the release.
But incorporating a new version of a plugin into the magazine takes time and preparations.
We do not know when they will add the new version to their magazine, you will have to ask the guys at CM magazine about the expected date.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:14 am We supplied the plugins to them shortly before the release.
But incorporating a new version of a plugin into the magazine takes time and preparations.
I understand, however I kinda find the link from your site to https://musicradar.com/computermusic missleading as it says
…with the latest issue of Computer Music magazine
It would be more helpfull on https://u-he.com/products/zebracm/ putting up a note
"Not yet availiable" or something.. but I suppose the communication is one way.
Anyways thank you for your reply.

Edit: Ah also what made it confusing is that CM do have an article about ZebraCM in latest October issue, I checked before purchase, so I assumed the plug was there..

ZebraCM is on the CM #301 issue.
Too bad, it seems to don't work on Ubuntu18, tho it does on Ubuntu20. I need to ask why on the proper sub-forum If I manage to find it...
InterSlot Call
Amateur Electronic Music
http://interslotcall.webcindario.com/

I have added a download link for the MFM2.5 preview rev. 12536 to the first post.
For more details, please visit viewtopic.php?f=31&t=574846

I recently installed the new version of AV Linux MX(a spin of MX/Debian with a custom kernel and audio configuarations, otherwise it's debian stable). I can't get any of the new versions of U-he plugins working in reaper or ardour despite having them working nicely in my main Manjaro system. They all show scan errors and are blacklisted. I tried the earlier 10721 versions as well and though they passed the scan test they crashed reaper when I loaded them. Glibc version is 2.31 so that isn't the culprit unfortunately. Any other things to try?

We have no experience with AV Linux, can you screenshot some of those errors and send them to our support, please?
https://u-he.com/support/#contact

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:38 am We have no experience with AV Linux, can you screenshot some of those errors and send them to our support, please?
The error is that it ends up in the list of plugins that fail to scan. I'm not sure how to screenshot that. There are no logs for plugin scans that I am aware of or that I am able to turn up with google.

InterSlotCall wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:28 pm ZebraCM is on the CM #301 issue.
Too bad, it seems to don't work on Ubuntu18, tho it does on Ubuntu20. I need to ask why on the proper sub-forum If I manage to find it...
An older windows version of ZebraCM should work in ubuntu 18.x
using a windows Reaper installed in wine. I make a plugins folder, .wine/drive_c/users/VstPlugins. I then install windows Reaper to
.wine/drive_c/users

Lot's of great windows vst plugins will run from there, and a few fussy ones that won't accept being wrapped, might work there too.
Cheers

Robinrobo wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:38 pm
tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:38 am We have no experience with AV Linux, can you screenshot some of those errors and send them to our support, please?
The error is that it ends up in the list of plugins that fail to scan. I'm not sure how to screenshot that. There are no logs for plugin scans that I am aware of or that I am able to turn up with google.
I have three different AVLinux installs, 2020, 2021 rc2 and newest 2022 2-14-22 ahs releas, and U-he collection works in them all, with linux reaper daw

I copy the Reaper install archive contents to /home/me/.646
and start reaper by command,

.646/reaper

The standard U-he plugin install locations all work fine. Which daws have you tried, and what is your video hardware?
Cheers

Thanks for the reply!

I've tried reaper and ardour. I installed the plugins with the script to the standard install locations in the hidden home directories. Just in case, I tried deleting all the u-he folders and installing fresh which didn't help. I think I'll try the same with reaper.

I'm using an older amd laptop with dual graphics. I've set it up to use just the 6620g but I have the option to use the 7400m instead.

Robinrobo wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:42 pm I'm using an older amd laptop with dual graphics.
Ah, how old is "older"?
The current plugin versions need a CPU that supports the SSE4.2 instruction set.
The first AMD CPUs with SSE4.2 support were released in 2011 or 2013, iirc.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:08 pm
Robinrobo wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:42 pm I'm using an older amd laptop with dual graphics.
Ah, how old is "older"?
The current plugin versions need a CPU that supports the SSE4.2 instruction set.
The first AMD CPUs with SSE4.2 support were released in 2011 or 2013, iirc.
I see, it's an AMD A8-3530mx which only does up to SSE4a I see. That'll be the problem I guess.

So, follow up question. What's the newest functional Linux beta that supports the older instruction set?

Return to “u-he Linux support”