Zebra 3 and Zebra Legacy

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra

Teksonik wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:02 pm I feel like I'm in an IK Multimedia thread.... :lol:
Urs wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:59 pm as owner of a Zebra2 license you get Zebra Legacy anyway *and* you'll get the upgrade path)
But....
Urs wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:59 pm Everyone who has a license for Zebra2 will automatically have their license crossgraded to Zebra Legacy. Zebra Legacy will contain all our existing soundsets (including The Dark Zebra) for a very attractive price
The "very attractive price" is for the people who do not yet own a license to Zebra Legacy. So if someone has their existing Z2 license automatically crossgraded to Zebra Legacy, they don't need to buy it again. I hope that's obvious ;)

Urs wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:59 pm
carlosigls wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:44 pm If I have Zebra 2 I can upgrade to Zebra 3 for 30 euros. But if I have Zebra Legacy I have to buy a full Zebra 3 license. So the question is why do I want Zebra Legacy? Wouldn't it be better if those who want Zebra Legacy can also upgrade to Zebra 3 for 30 euros.
Well, imagine Zebra Legacy will cost a lot less than Zebra3, more like half of it. Then people would never buy Zebra3 if they could just upgrade for 30€.

The only way all of this makes sense is if Z3 + ZL costs more than Z2 + TDZ. There won't be any headroom for discounts...

(I might have misread your question though... as owner of a Zebra2 license you get Zebra Legacy anyway *and* you'll get the upgrade path)
Yes, I have Zebra 2.

Urs wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:18 pm The "very attractive price" is for the people who do not yet own a license to Zebra Legacy. So if someone has their existing Z2 license automatically crossgraded to Zebra Legacy, they don't need to buy it again. I hope that's obvious ;)
Sorry it wasn't perfectly obvious when I read:
Urs wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:18 pmEveryone who has a license for Zebra2 will automatically have their license crossgraded to Zebra Legacy. Zebra Legacy will contain all our existing soundsets (including The Dark Zebra) for a very attractive price.

Perhaps "for a very attractive price to those who do not yet own a license" would have helped clarify things for me.

But I get it now...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Not sure I get.... if I own Z2, I automatically get DZ and soundsets for free? (And that becomes Z legacy)

And upgrade to Z3 is €30?

You've got like a year or two to sort it out
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Congratulations u-he!! I still remember when Dark Zebra recently came out and the hype or Z3 just began. Zebra2 was one of the first synths I ever used in my music making journey. Congratulations on never giving up! looking forward to more!

ralfrobert wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:03 pm "Zebra Legacy will contain all our existing soundsets (including The Dark Zebra) for a very attractive price."

Does this mean ALL soundsets?
Presumably all u-he soundsets for Zebra, not literally all u-he sound sets

Bob Hemsby wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:29 pm Not sure I get.... if I own Z2, I automatically get DZ and soundsets for free? (And that becomes Z legacy)

And upgrade to Z3 is €30?
Then, yes.

This post is starting to remind me of comedian Stephen Wright's line- "I went to the store to buy batteries, but they weren't included, so I had to buy them again!"

Excellent news Urs! Looking forward to it.
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzYInT ... 53N-Rs3c-g
Instagram - billgdegillio

Owners of Z2 get ZLegacy and can upgrade to Z3 for 30 bucks.

Owners of Z2 + HZ get Zlegacy and Z3.

Owners of Zlegacy that bought the product brand new get no upgrade path to Z3.

When is Z3 dropping, fallish?

bbreakz wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:15 pm When is Z3 dropping, fallish?
read the first post from urs. probably have something to show in a year.

anyway, i'm glad i bought Z2 and TDZ ages ago so i don't have to think about this upgrade path situation and can just wait for it to show up in my account or whatever.

anyway, i'm glad i bought Z2 and TDZ ages ago so i don't have to think about this upgrade path situation and can just wait for it to show up in my account or whatever.
+1

Yep. Heck, I've owned both for years and I still haven't explored them as fully as I should have. Well, ok. Now I'm retired. Things should get better ... :tu:
“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.” ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

So, after Z3 release, Zebra Legacy will receive at least the minimal upgrades that will keep it working in future OS versions, right?

waltercruz wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:18 pm So, after Z3 release, Zebra Legacy will receive at least the minimal upgrades that will keep it working in future OS versions, right?
Yes.

Return to “u-he”