Zebra 3 and Zebra Legacy

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra

All I can say is any synth that's been a decade+ in the making better blow people away or......

Crowd2.png

:hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yeah, hehe, we'll see about that...

I feel like I’m having a stroke.

So if I already have Z2 and TDZ, I’ll automatically get Z3 and ZL (including all Zebra 2 sound sets)?

masterhiggins wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:52 pm I feel like I’m having a stroke.
LOL! try reading this thread with a major head cold going,
My head was spinning before reading, now I think I will have to take a nap.

Looking forward to Z3, Thanks

This sounds great! After a decade of hearing people rave about Zebra2 I finally pulled the trigger on Zebra2 and DarkZebra yesterday not knowing anything about Zebra3. So from what I have read here I am very pleased with this plan.

Thanks to everyone at U-He!! This sound like exciting news.

Will this info be included in a Uhe Newsletter? Might be a good idea for the folks who don’t frequent KVR.

rafa1981 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:06 pm Owners of Z2 get ZLegacy and can upgrade to Z3 for 30 bucks.

Owners of Z2 + HZ get Zlegacy and Z3.

Owners of Zlegacy that bought the product brand new get no upgrade path to Z3.
Is this true ? I don't have to pay for Z3 ?
It is unfair, I want to give you 30 bucks :D

I can send you my paypal account :)

sees this title "Zebra 3 and Zebra Legacy" -> invokes a 3min14 dance in my room (during a thunderstorm over here)

opens the thread; ah

carrieres wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:02 am
rafa1981 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:06 pm Owners of Z2 get ZLegacy and can upgrade to Z3 for 30 bucks.

I think Urs will be happy if you just purchase something else. :)

ralfrobert wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:57 pm
carrieres wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:02 am

I think Urs will be happy if you just purchase something else. :)
I will do it but it will cost more than 30 bucks :lol:

Thanks for the update. Seems to be a smart strategy, makes Zebra2 more attractive again, and later, Zebra Legacy still attractive, even if Zebra3 existed...?

I guess Zebra Legacy will be significantly cheaper than full Z3 and different enough to look at it as independent... I had a brief look at the Z3 editor at Sooperbooth. It looks extremely promising...

The deal makes sense because Zebra3 is ultimately an entirely new synth packed with new technologies. It's been long-awaited, especially for users of Zebra2, but it should still be at a fair price - especially for those who are only just hopping on the u-he train and haven't been pining for it for the past decade. I think it does a good job of appeasing everybody.

So, currently it wouldn't make sense to buy TDZ/any Zebra soundsets unless you really don't want to wait the few months and get them for free?

Return to “u-he”