Magnus and Butterfly - Intersample Peaks ???

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello to you all,

I have a question concerning Magnus and Butterfly.
Will the brickwall-limiter in these catch intersample peaks?

Best
Mario

Hi Mario, both plugins runs with internal oversampling of 4x when used at 44.1k or 48k, 2x when used at 88.2k or 96k and no oversampling when run at 176k or above.

So unless you use very high sample rates in the session oversampling is always on this in turns let the limiters catch intersample peaks :)

Saverio

Hello Saverio,

thank´s for the reply. I just wondered because there are quite a few master limiters where one can turn this on and off.
I normally run my sessions at 24Bit/44,1 kHz and if I am understanding right I am safe.
I did not know that intersample peak prevention has something to do with oversampling and that it turns itself off when using higher rates.
Other developers state the ISP as a special feature while you were not even mentioning it.
I was just afraid because one often does not detect ISP by hearing while these are so short in time.
So I might be good and don´t have to worry with both of the processors.

So thank´s again
Best
Mario

Hi sorry for not mentioning but that's because Butterfly has the same processing engine of our SAMP plugin dedicated to Dolby Atmos which must run at 48K so it always provide 4x oversampling

Saverio

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”