Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.6 Released

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

It's time to unleash Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.6!

It is finally here after 6 months of hard work, with many new features and improvements!

Don't miss the exceptional Re-introduction offer (20% off), until October 26th! Existing Blue Cat Audio customers will receive an even better deal by email shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g44iPZLfXIk

What's New in PatchWork 2.6:
- New macro controls editor to edit plug-in parameters mapping.
- Assign multiple parameters from multiple plug-ins to a single macro control, and adjust the range for each parameter.
- Assign a name to each macro control, that is now displayed in automation lanes in most host applications (may require a session reload in some cases).
- Parameters names for existing sessions will be automatically updated upon load.
- Select macro knobs appearance among 19 predefined styles.
- New learn modes to quickly assign plug-in parameters.
- MIDI output is now enabled in standalone application.
- Select individual MIDI I/O in standalone application.
- Added an option in global & preset input settings to send MIDI events when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the plug-in (to update control surfaces accordingly).
- In most plug-in formats, internal audio I/O configuration can now be selected regardless of the configuration defined by the host (you can for example reduce the number of channels to save CPU and process only selected channels).
- PatchWork App now uses Apple's Hardened Runtime and the installer has been notarized to avoid security warnings on Mac.
- Improved performance to load the user interface.
- Improved VST parameter value display in some host applications.
- Fixed bypass that did not let MIDI messages go thru for some MIDI plug-ins.
- Fixed some GUI resizing issues with some VST3 plug-ins.
- Fixed signal overflow issues with the Reverb built-in plug-in for some surround configurations.

Enjoy!

[original announcement]

Killer software from day one keeps coming up with big improvements. Thanks for the hard work.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:33 am Killer software from day one keeps coming up with big improvements. Thanks for the hard work.
Thanks!

thank you, great update! :harp:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I wonder...can 2.6 allow you to crossfade between two, three, four or more instruments?
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

WOW! What a great update. I already want revisions! Lol I setup controls for my Plugin Alliance AMEK Channel strip. Works great except it would be better if the controls would update when I load a preset for the channel strip. I know this is an issue because of being able to control more than one plugins controls at the same time. However an exclusive option would work for this. I could then just use Patchworks like a wrapper with 40 Controls AWESOME! I am sure it will happen! You people ROCK!!!!
Proud UAD Apollo user!

Boy Wonder wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:13 pm I wonder...can 2.6 allow you to crossfade between two, three, four or more instruments?
I guess you can use the built-in level or gain plug-ins on several parallel tracks and map them to a single macro parameter that would do the crossfade.

hoenerbr wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:45 am WOW! What a great update. I already want revisions! Lol I setup controls for my Plugin Alliance AMEK Channel strip. Works great except it would be better if the controls would update when I load a preset for the channel strip. I know this is an issue because of being able to control more than one plugins controls at the same time. However an exclusive option would work for this. I could then just use Patchworks like a wrapper with 40 Controls AWESOME! I am sure it will happen! You people ROCK!!!!
The macro controls work a bit like automation in a DAW. Some plug-ins (like ours) are designed to update automation when loading presets too. In this case the macro controls will update from the preset. I guess this plug-in does not update automation when loading presets, so that's the reason why it does not work. Maybe that's a feature request for them! :-)

Yeah, the Amek channel strip I refer to has no midi assignments so I guess just having the Patchworks controls are a blessing! Thanks
Proud UAD Apollo user!

That's indeed one of the perks offered by patchwork to enhance existing plug-ins, and the new mapping functions brings it a step further!

One small tweak that would be so nice in PatchWork and Axiom would be if users could have the GUI size as a default setting in the standalone app. Just food for thought. Thank you for your awesome updates!

Vaultnaemsae wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:48 am One small tweak that would be so nice in PatchWork and Axiom would be if users could have the GUI size as a default setting in the standalone app. Just food for thought. Thank you for your awesome updates!
You should already be able to save the default GUI size using the Save As User Default command. It also saves the default state for the lock as well as a few other things.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:28 pm
Vaultnaemsae wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:48 am One small tweak that would be so nice in PatchWork and Axiom would be if users could have the GUI size as a default setting in the standalone app. Just food for thought. Thank you for your awesome updates!
You should already be able to save the default GUI size using the Save As User Default command. It also saves the default state for the lock as well as a few other things.
You're absolutely right. I had saved a custom preset in each app named "Default" thought they were not saved via the "Save As User Default" command. All I had to do was set it up as you suggested and now I have the desired size each time the standalone loads. Thanks for clarifying this.

I just purchased Patchwork, but the Synth VST3 is not loading in Ableton Live 11.2? VST2 is ok. VST3 is working fine in Bitwig and Gig Performer. Can you please take a look or recommend a fix?

Also, the new Macros feature is awesome! One of main reasons I purchased it. I was wondering if it's possible to add the ability to change the order of the Controls in the visual layout of the VST. Thanks!

nondes wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:02 pm I just purchased Patchwork, but the Synth VST3 is not loading in Ableton Live 11.2? VST2 is ok. VST3 is working fine in Bitwig and Gig Performer. Can you please take a look or recommend a fix?
This is indeed a known issue. We have not been able to find out the reason (it seems live will reject all sorts of VST3 plug-ins based on criteria that have not been made public), so we'll have to ask them for more information.
nondes wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:02 pm Also, the new Macros feature is awesome! One of main reasons I purchased it. I was wondering if it's possible to add the ability to change the order of the Controls in the visual layout of the VST.
Thanks! Glad that you like it! Controls are laid out in the same order as the parameters. So you can reorder them by changing the assignments in the map editor. We will probably provide some simple way to reorder the parameters in the future (right now you have to re-assign the parameters manually).

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”