[Fixed in 4.4] Weird bug: latest "Spectral Suite" update not included in upgrade plan

Official support for: bitwig.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also, to people who say nothing is being taken away from non addon purchasing customers: of course it is. They only have a certain number of developers, and when those developers are spending time on paid add ons they are not spending time on core updates. To the detriment of all the users.

our kids will tell their kids what happend today
its a step back for humans

but the politcs in germany does the same thing shit on their own population
with nonsense energyprices and so on

I'm going to wait and see what happens but Bitwig, dude, my man, pal, my guy, mate, buddy, comrade, homeboy, companion, bronosaurus, you really shit the bed on this one. :dog:
-JH

I wonder why Bitwig has not yet released any official professional temlates that use all the effects available in Bitwig and show its full potential. I would buy several such templates myself to learn more about Grid or about mixing and mastering with internal plugins. Instead, they make a Suite for which they order you to pay but I already have similar tools and I would not buy it even if it costs $ 29, but I would buy a few (let's say 5 templates for $ 79) super-made professional templates to expand my knowledge about interior the possibilities of Bitwig. I hope the gentlemen of bitwig will do some marketing innovation as they did in their software.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:27 pm I too was surprised to see an add-on, but not quite as enraged as others. Nothing has been taken away, I just don’t something that I didn’t know existed yesterday. I fully agree that the messaging around the upgrade plan does conflict with these add-one being extra cost. But I think the reason for that is that we are used to them releasing new devices as an upgrade to the program.
They could not have done it worse...

It has been 5 months since 4.3 was announced and people were expecting a new update to be announced shortly.

Instead they release a paid extra when every user had the understanding that any new releases would be included as part of the yearly plan. That understanding was based on what Bitwig stated.

n9research wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:31 pm Well, I'm sorry, but you're going to find it impossible to convince your customers that is a truthful statement - for the so-called addon announced today or for whatever "cool stuff" you arbitrarily decide paying subscribers don't deserve to get in the future.
Yes, it will be impossible to convince users of that because add-ons take development time.

HBIII wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:31 pm Also, to people who say nothing is being taken away from non addon purchasing customers: of course it is. They only have a certain number of developers, and when those developers are spending time on paid add ons they are not spending time on core updates. To the detriment of all the users.
Exactly

so we pay for stuck plugins
expensive when you ask me i use stock plugins to lower the cost and now i must pay for stock plugins lol

yinz wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:30 pmAll Bitwig Studio updates in the following 12 months are FREE." is considered "false advertising" and it's against customer protection laws. They shoot themselves on their foot with this decision and I'm going back to Ableton. It was good while it lasted and I hope I can get my money back.
It is false advertising.

If I could force a refund of my recent update I would

trevormeier wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:47 pm I was all ready to jump on the Bitwig train, but this move has made me step back. I feel like I dodged a bullet. Back to Logic + VCV Rack!
I'm on Bitwig 4.something (update plan expired some months ago). I update as I do with Steinberg Cubase, every 2 years. (I also have Logic but rarely use it).

If you believe even for a second that in it's current state Bitwig "basic" is underfeatured then you're very much in error.

The simple fact that you can create inline parallel chains and modulate anything with the included per device modulators (not including the grid or note operators) already make Bitwig a superior workflow.

For some reason people here only equate some money they pay for some features they get. No one mentioned how much useful stuff for actually making music there is already. Is almost like no one makes music, but just collecting features (by the way the spectral stuff is pretty useless for me for example)

Classic daws (Cubase, LPX) will never have the modulation abilities of Bitwig. Ableton can do some but those Max devices are huge resources hogs, so making a complex project in Albleton is taxing the CPU to the point of gui slows down while Bitwig doesnt break a sweat for the same stuff.

My advice, as music maker releasing music on deadlines, feel free to pickup Bitwig. In it's current state is the most capable daws for electronic dance music production

pdxindy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:39 pm
yinz wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:30 pmAll Bitwig Studio updates in the following 12 months are FREE." is considered "false advertising" and it's against customer protection laws. They shoot themselves on their foot with this decision and I'm going back to Ableton. It was good while it lasted and I hope I can get my money back.
It is false advertising.

If I could force a refund of my recent update I would
of course you can ask for a refund , write them

found a good comment on youtube =

"Along with all the other valid sentiments in the comment section, I feel it would be one thing to charge a 8 or 16 track user a price to get this suite. But it feels wrong to have to pay on top of the studio package which is already supposed to have everything offered by bitwig in it"

HBIII wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:31 pm Also, to people who say nothing is being taken away from non addon purchasing customers: of course it is. They only have a certain number of developers, and when those developers are spending time on paid add ons they are not spending time on core updates. To the detriment of all the users.
You can say that about every single software company that has add-ons or more than one product. Ableton live introduces Sampler? But it takes away from the core application development! Or those phase plant snap-ins.

I want to thank Bitwig i have been in doubt for a long time what to choose and continue with Bitwig on Linux or stick with Windows and choose Ableton and accept Windows as OS.

Today Bitwig made it easy for me, no more doubts.....

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:27 pm Nothing has been taken away
That's not true.
- Developer time has been taken away. The time that could be spent on bug fixes and major releases that included in upgrade plan.
- Features has been taken away from further core functional - now they never will be core splitters as Multiband FX. Will you buy Multiband FX as addon? What's the diffirence between these splitters and multiband, mid\side splitters? Where is this edge between addon and core functions? They will call anything as "addon" and ask to pay for it. There was no such term in Bitwig before as Addon. The thing is that addons are the same built in devices as any other but they call it different. Why not Delay+, Phasor+ and etc are not addons and are core features? They added many such devices and called it Bitwig 4 with such few actual new features that must be called minor update. So we got then "addons" like features mostly, and those features took to long. I still think this should be called Bitwig 3 with addons now.

Return to “Bitwig”