Plug n Script MIDI capabilites

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Before diving down a rabbit hole, I was wondering if Plug n Script is able to do the following:
Establish MIDI in and MIDI out streams and then detect assigned MIDI keyswitches (an assigned note/pitch range) and then delay subsequent (non-keyswitch) notes by a specified amount from a lookup table until the next keyswitch is detected. Ideally, the lookup table would be read in from an external file, perhaps xml. Overall latency would be adjusted to the max value in the lookup table + overhead.

Thanks for helping me decide before purchase.
Happy Holidays!

Thank you for your interest in Plug'n Script.

It should indeed be able to do this. Please note that when used as a plug-in it can only deal with MIDI coming from/going to the host application (no direct connection to MIDI devices).

You can try the demo and see how it works for you before purchasing.

I think PNS can do everything you mentioned, but you mentioned being able to read data from an arbitrary XML file and I don't think there is much built in support for doing that part of it, but I'd like to hear more about that. Me personally i would prefer to read YAML or JSON, but it's all the same issue, you want a way to read runtime configuration from a separate place, and while angel script is perfectly capable of doing this, I don't think built in library support for that is provided in PNS, I would love to hear I'm wrong about that..

However it's possible to also convert a PNS script into native format, pretty easily and then you are in C/C++ domain and there are tons of libraries out there for that sort of thing.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

We actually wrote an angelscript extension to provide a simple API that parses and write Xml:

Code: Select all

XmlNode@ XmlParseFile (const string &file);
XmlNode@ XmlParse (const string &str);
bool XmlWriteFile (const XmlNode &in xml, const string &file);
bool XmlWrite (const XmlNode &in xml, string &str);
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Vault/Skin ... 9e051ccc94

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”