Installer Freezes At Launch (Mac)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone seen/solved this before? Trying to update to the latest version and the installer doesn't even get going. I've tried different browsers, downloading on another Mac, installing from a flash drive or the desktop. Those were the suggestions support came up with and nothing worked.

Granted I'm on an old computer (MacPro 2010, Mojave), but I could always update without fuss until about 2020. Now I'm hoping for the wisdom of the crowd. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hello, have you tried to enable or disable GPU acceleration?

in file /Users/"Username"/Library/Application Support/Melda Production/GPU.xml Add attribute Enable="0" to disable it or Enable="1" to enable GPU accleration.

Maybe it helps, on my test Mac with 10.14.6 Mojave (Mac Pro 2018 intel Core i7) it works fine, but it is a newer machine...

Thanks for this additional suggestion. Unfortunately it made no difference whether it was enabled or disabled.

...fwiw...I had to "replace" my mbp 2010 a little while ago, so from memory...check the osx permissions for both the user account and the installer app. OSX went through several security changes over those years and sometimes the changes affected how the installer worked...hth.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Thanks that sounded promising but the installer still refused to play ball!

...also, you could try the "new user account" option with that account being setup as an administrator. And sometimes I never did figure out what the problem was...hth.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Tried this as well thanks. No luck though!

Return to “MeldaProduction”