recording via overbridge and the tracks don't play back

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello dear people,

A few years back when I started with bitwig I had a similar problem: greyed out tracks. The solution was the little button on top next to the arrow which switches the playhead to the arranger.

Now it's greyed out again (after recording my Analog Rytm through overbridge)
When I create a new audio track and copy the recorded part in i can hear it loud and clear but without the effects I recorded along (fx in the box). I can then copy the fx too and all sounds great.

But how is it possible for the recorded tracks to not be playable right away?
When I record stuff with my interface I can do that.
Maybe somebody has a solution? Or am I missing s.th. really really basic right here? I always recorded HW instruments for now so maybe I miss something basic here that happens with vst instruments? Hope you don't roast me :)

Thanks in advance!

pazpat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:44 pm I always recorded HW instruments for now so maybe I miss something basic here that happens with vst instruments?
Overbridge has VST in its package, however the audio recording is rather conventional analog-to-digital conversion. Only difference is that you don't need external audio interface, it's built-in to the Elektron instruments, Rytm in your case. Playing back audio track should be a straightforward as ever and it's weird that there is a problem like that. Are you using Overbridge as a plugin or as an audio interface (Input/Output device)?

Thanks for the answer,

I'm Using Overbridge as a plugin so I can modulate some stuff with BW's modulators.
And in the end I use an interface (ssl 2+) for output to my speakers but I think that should not interfere wit Overbridge.

And yes, I'm also pretty confused that it does not play back just like that. When I am playing it in the first place I hear everything but once its recorded i don't.

t3hh wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:18 pm
pazpat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:44 pm I always recorded HW instruments for now so maybe I miss something basic here that happens with vst instruments?
Overbridge has VST in its package, however the audio recording is rather conventional analog-to-digital conversion. Only difference is that you don't need external audio interface, it's built-in to the Elektron instruments, Rytm in your case. Playing back audio track should be a straightforward as ever and it's weird that there is a problem like that. Are you using Overbridge as a plugin or as an audio interface (Input/Output device)?
Ok, I don't know why but your answer made me think about the whole audio routing and now i got it myself:
I had the monitor mode of the tracks set to "on" (because otherwise when recording I always have to arm everything all the time) and that mutes the tracks then I guess. When I set them to "auto" or "off" I hear everything.
Kind of makes sense as well the way BW handles it :D

Still a big thank you for answering <3

Amazing! Have fun!

Return to “Bitwig”