Link to the Top 10 Feature Requests on Bitwish.top : This should be Pinned.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jac459 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:23 am I am on the side of "let the DAW creators do their stuffs and we chose our DAW as customers, côté with our money". That systems works.
What also works is giving developers feedback about bugs and possible improvements.
I'm not sure if you're sending in emails to them, but tbh, this email-feedback-hivemind of the Bitwig Community is what ALSO drives the development into the right direction. Not just the developers/company alone. It's the actual user-feedback which is incredibly important to the whole journey. Latest example being the 5.1 beta, where the Bitwig community 100% had a severe impact on the beta iterations, including almost all changelog points.
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Jac459 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:23 am I am on the side of "let the DAW creators do their stuffs and we chose our DAW as customers, côté with our money". That systems works.
Yep, just take a good look at Bitwig, the devs did that without me yelling at them :tu: :phones:
Also, if they don't add a single new feature ever let's say, i could still make music with what we got sofar, that said - what ever bonus is ahead, i'm also looking forward to ofc and "exited" is good ;)
Rumor has it that the Bitwig devs make music themself so and i assume, with Bitwig! lol hehe

nowiamone wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:52 am
What also works is giving developers feedback about bugs and possible improvements.
I'm not sure if you're sending in emails to them, but tbh, this email-feedback-hivemind of the Bitwig Community is what ALSO drives the development into the right direction. Not just the developers/company alone. It's the actual user-feedback which is incredibly important to the whole journey. Latest example being the 5.1 beta, where the Bitwig community 100% had a severe impact on the beta iterations, including almost all changelog points.
Sure, it does.

Where I am less confortable is when the feedback and support start to organise itself as lobbying.

I am less comfortable just because I trust more Bitwigs than random people to take the right decisions for me. But to be clear, I don't blame people to lobby, this is their right.

nowiamone wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:52 am Latest example being the 5.1 beta, where the Bitwig community 100% had a severe impact on the beta iterations, including almost all changelog points.
severe impact?

Of course the Devs are depending on users to make bug reports during (and after) the beta period. But for features? A minor impact would be more accurate. Most of the changelog was there as is from the first beta.

pdxindy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:44 pm
nowiamone wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:52 am Latest example being the 5.1 beta, where the Bitwig community 100% had a severe impact on the beta iterations, including almost all changelog points.
severe impact?

Of course the Devs are depending on users to make bug reports during (and after) the beta period. But for features? A minor impact would be more accurate. Most of the changelog was there as is from the first beta.
I doubt that too... how do you want to know what is a reaction to user feedback and what did the devs want to do anyway...
Honestely I am not even sure if they ever read tons over tons of emails with feature requests... Everybody gets the same standard response and for me it´s more like an automated bot filtering FR out and sends this automated response that the devs do not even get bothered with them.

I totally agree with these 3 points:
1. Bitwish doesn't represent Bitwig users as a whole
2. Bitwish can be seen as a lobby that's not representative of the userbase
3. FR sent through Support mail aren't that impactful, if not at all

And that's why I think Bitwish is a great work around to these 3 issues... If only it was pinned on top to let everyone know it exists.

That's what's puzzling me, it's like the Mod of both KVR and Reddit have basically decided for us that it wasn't worth the try.

Most of the requests in the top 10 are sensible and reasonable to me (as proven by the fact that they are available in most other DAWS) and I suspect Bitwig Devs will just chip away at this whilst trying to add more unique stuff to get attention/marketing.

The only one I am surprised isn't there is audio pitch correction (or ARA support), an essential tool for many people and already in most other DAWS; not having this keeps Bitwig as an purely electronic music DAW for me.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:15 pm Most of the requests in the top 10 are sensible and reasonable to me (as proven by the fact that they are available in most other DAWS) and I suspect Bitwig Devs will just chip away at this whilst trying to add more unique stuff to get attention/marketing.

The only one I am surprised isn't there is audio pitch correction (or ARA support), an essential tool for many people and already in most other DAWS; not having this keeps Bitwig as an purely electronic music DAW for me.
Yup, perfectly reasonable, agreed. Nothing fancy, nothing out of touch with the reality of producing on a daily basis. Reasonable and practicable requests. ARA is on 12th place i think, so that's pretty high up there :D
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

nowiamone wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:58 pm
SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:15 pm Most of the requests in the top 10 are sensible and reasonable to me (as proven by the fact that they are available in most other DAWS) and I suspect Bitwig Devs will just chip away at this whilst trying to add more unique stuff to get attention/marketing.

Yup, perfectly reasonable, agreed. Nothing fancy, nothing out of touch with the reality of producing on a daily basis. Reasonable and practicable requests. ARA is on 12th place i think, so that's pretty high up there :D
There is no ARA but there is a pitch correction with many good algorithms. What is wrong with it?

The top ten in the list seem far too sensible for Bitwig,so are unlikely to ever get implemented. My number one would be to make Bitwig themable.

Bitwig is one of two DAWs (the other being Ableton) that integrates with Touchdesigner. That is, for me, a killer feature, and not at all present on Bitwish. I doubt it would have been voted on by the community, but now that it's there, people from TD are interested in Bitwig.

I like the requests for slicing and time-stretching in the Sampler. I like the idea for scales in the piano editor (not sure why that's not a thing yet). I like the suggestion that choosing a seed for random modulators will make them repeat the same every time. I like the idea of adding effects directly to clips. Other than that I'm not seeing much on Bitwish that appeals to me.

dellboy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:39 pm The top ten in the list seem far too sensible for Bitwig,so are unlikely to ever get implemented. My number one would be to make Bitwig themable.
how is this your first most requested stuff ? Id love to have themes but god so many others things need to be done lol

spoontechnique wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:31 am Bitwig is one of two DAWs (the other being Ableton) that integrates with Touchdesigner. That is, for me, a killer feature, and not at all present on Bitwish. I doubt it would have been voted on by the community, but now that it's there, people from TD are interested in Bitwig.
Totally.

tlkmx wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:45 am
dellboy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:39 pm The top ten in the list seem far too sensible for Bitwig,so are unlikely to ever get implemented. My number one would be to make Bitwig themable.
how is this your first most requested stuff ? Id love to have themes but god so many others things need to be done lol
Bitwig emailed me a good deal,so under impulse I bought a Bitwig licence.But before I activated it I decided to give it a good demo.I decided that I did not like the brown and orange volume slider and tried to turn it to blue - but found it was not possible.For some odd reason I cannot live with brown and orange,so I still have an unactivated Bitwig licence. Hence theming is top of my list.

dellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 amFor some odd reason I cannot live with brown and orange
:lol:

Return to “Bitwig”