Ableton has updated Live to v10.0.2.
New features and improvements
- When copying a time selection inside an automation lane, this can now be pasted upon the content lane. The copied automation will always land in the correct lane.
- When nudging a time selection in an automation lane, the automation outside the selection remains unchanged.
- Enabled vertical auto-scrolling when dragging an automation lane.
- Reintroduced the toggle button for showing/hiding additional automation lanes.
- Additional automation lanes are now unfolded by default.
- Improved the horizontal movement of a range of automation segments. Ramps are no longer created when a time selected range of automation is moved (by nudging or dragging) horizontally and is still partially within the original time range.
- Fades no longer snap to the Arrangement View grid.
- Added support for IK Multimedia iRig Keys I/O.
- When connected, the Novation Launchpad S and Launchpad Mini control surfaces are now automatically selected in the Preferences.
- Improved Live's performance when resizing audio clips in the Arrangement.
- Added a gap between the handle and the track of the scrollbar in the Arrangement and Session View.
- Sharpened the appearance of the triangle that appears above bipolar knobs.
- Adjusted spacing between devices and meters in device chains.
- Adjusted the color of the Arrangement Overview frame to increase visibility in dark Themes.
- Changed the color of Drum Rack label to increase visibility in the Dark Theme.
- Adjusted the spacing below Session View's horizontal scrollbar so that it is centered.
- Adjusted the selection frame in device groups and corrected inconsistencies in the look and behaviour of the Sampler device.
- A track created by dropping a single clip into the Session or Arrangement View's Drop Area now inherits the clip color instead of the source track color. When dropping several clips at the same time, the new track still inherits the source track color, as before.
- Improved the playhead smoothness on Windows.
Max for Live improvements:
- Max 7 license owners can edit gen~ patchers in Live 10's Max for Live editor.
- Fixed permissions issues on macOS for non-Admin accounts.
- Updated documentation for the Live Object Model.
- Improved UI repainting and Live queue processing with many Max for Live devices.
- Multi-core rendering in Live is now supported if a Set contains Max for Live devices.
- MIDI note chasing now works when:
- scrubbing in the Arrangement View.
- restarting transport using "Shift" + "Space" in the Arrangement View.
- scrubbing in the Detail View of an Arrangement clip.
- scrubbing in the Detail View of a Session clip.
- Previously, there was a possibility that all MIDI notes in a key could disappear when stretched to an extremely small size (e.g., when using the ":2" button). This has now changed, and further stretching is not possible once notes reach a very small size.
New Devices and Device Improvements:
- Filter curve visualisations in Wavetable are updated in real time in cases where e.g. an LFO or Envelope is mapped to the filter cutoff frequency.
- On Windows, Live now cleanly shuts down when a user logs out, shuts the computer down or reboots it. It also displays a message explaining why it is preventing the computer shutting down, giving the user 30 seconds to abort shutting down and save the Set.
- Updated various info texts.
- Added translations for the following lessons: "A Tour of Live", "Recording Audio", "Creating Beats", "Playing Software Instruments" and "Max for Live Devices".
- When re-opening Live, the state of the Computer MIDI Keyboard on/off toggle is now remembered.
- In Wavetable's Mod Matrix, the left column containing target names now features bars that indicate the unmodulated and modulated value of the respective parameter. Additive modulation is indicated by a bipolar bar starting from the unmodulated value, while multiplicative modulation is indicated by a unipolar bar starting from the left.
- When Live's transport is started or if there is a jump in beat time, Echo and Wavetable LFOs now update their phase if they are beat-synced.
To read the numerous bug fixes please see the full release notes.