The series begins with the unique and versatile KH-COMP1 Studio Compressor (AAX/VST/AU) and will be followed by three additional units.
Black Rooster Audio says:
Koen Heldens is a multi-platinum selling, American Music Award, and Billboard Music Award-winning mixing engineer, best known for working on the most streamed song in 24 hours with XXXTentacion, among other prominent names in the music industry.
The collaboration quickly evolved into a close creative partnership, resulting in a one-of-a-kind, beast of a compressor, that is up to the standards of one of the greatest mixing engineers of the moment, and that includes the best levelling amplifier that Black Rooster Audio has developed to date.
KH-COMP1 is defined by its sophisticated features, which set it apart from any other compressors on the market today, such as SC invertible filters, a stereo-link blend and four detector modes. The Hilbert detector is the fastest, zero-latency envelope follower on the market, which makes undistorted, ultra-fast envelope detection possible; while the four detector modes offer a great versatility for envelope shaping, giving you more control than ever before.
- 4 Detector modes - Hilbert/Peak/Vintage/RMS: The KH-COMP1 Compressor offers versatility for shaping the envelope that drives this unit - for broad or precise capturing of the sidechain level. The 4 detector modes allow for the most flexibility with time parameters and precise threshold control. The Hilbert detector is a 90-degree phase shifter, that will show the signal's exact envelope, without any distortion or overshoots. Forget about true peak, this is the real deal.
- Invertible SC Filter: The sidechain signal can be trimmed to the user's needs using the 2-band invertible filter. Both the low and the high end can be processed according to your needs, which will allow for more control with ducking, pumping effects and de-essing.
- Blended Stereo-Link: Blending dual mono to stereo is very helpful when you need detailed control over the relation between the stereo channels and their processing.
- Knee Parameter: The knee parameter smooths out the compression effect beautifully, for a seamless result.
- SSE2 optimized code: DSP operations are pipelined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures a high-performance operation despite its very complex computations.
- Zero Latency: KH-COMP1 is a zero-latency compressor that does not require sample delay compensation, making it ideal for real-time monitoring and live environments.
- HighDPI/Retina Support: The user interfaces support high pixel density on both Windows and Mac OS systems, giving you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays.
Intro Price: $109 (Reg. $139).