CableGuys have released beta version 0.2 of Curve, a new free VSTi wavetable synthesizer for Windows.
- Draw your own wavetables.
- Three oscillators (each of them can be set to one of four user-wavetables, sine, saw, pulse, triangle or noise).
- Two synced and two unsynced LFOs. You can set an LFO to 0.1 Hz or you can set it to several kHz. You can even set the LFO frequency to the frequency of the note you are currently playing.
- Volume envelopes, filter envelopes; in fact its envelopes can be used to modulate many parameters.
- 6/12/24dB-filters with cutoff and resonance.
- Drawable modulation matrixes. Use an LFO to modulate the pitch and you get FM, use an AHDSR-Envelope to modulate the filter cutoff and you get a nice filter envelope.
- Play up to 128 notes at one time.
- Automate all parameters (except for the user-wavetable and modulation matrixes) in your sequencer.
- Can render bandlimited, aliasing-free sounds. But you can also turn on aliasing to produce vintage digital sounds.
- Shows spectrographs of the wavetables you draw.
- Snapshots for faster editing.