de la Mancha has released manic, an 8-slot random sample player where you decide the samples, but manic decides when to play them. Samples are triggered according to their probability, on a tempo sync pattern. Also allows for randomizing of volume, pitch, pan, delay, reverse and swing. You decide how much, but not when. You can loop the sequence, change sequence seed with MIDI keys and quantize the pitch randomizing for a more melodic sequence. Works well for random glitchy percussion, instant melodic sequences of multi-samples or total chaos.
- 8 sample slots, supports 16 & 24 bit mono & stereo wavs.
- Each sample played randomly according to it's probability.
- Tempo sync hit rate (hits/beat).
- Seeded randomizing for repeatable sequences.
- MIDI playable seeding, change sequence with a MIDI key press.
- Random sequences can be looped for repeatability.
- Randomised swing.
- Per sample volume, pan & pitch.
- Per sample randomizing of volume, pan, pitch and reverse.
- Per sample pitch quantizing to semitone/cent.
- Per sample routing to randomised delay.
- Play / stop / resync controls.
- MIDI CC and MIDI learn.
- 246 samples and 25 presets covering acoustic & electronic drums, glitch and 8 bit noises, synth bass and keys.
manic is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows and it is free.