Empirical Labs have updated Arousor, featuring their classic knee compression in a plug-in, to v2.1, which includes the first 2.x release for Windows.
Rev 2.1 Features:
- Windows 7 - 10 now fully supported.
- AAX-DSP for the Mac and Windows, and a new Venue version, qualified by Avid.
- Greater efficiency, especially in Pro Tools AAX. 1/3rd of the CPU usage.
- Greatly increased Bargraph accuracy. Makes matching a Distressor sound much easier.
- Preset Sharing Function - Works across all platforms and makes it easy to share.
- Backwards Compatible with Rev 1.0. Won't "break" your past mixes.
- Graphic and Interface Improvements - New colors, and 3d Depth.
- "Expert" Button appears for the BLEND Section. Offers Dry Lvl Trim, below.
- New Dry Lvl Trim control, allowing perfect Dry and Compressed level matching.
- Even more Presets, some from Famous Engineers.
- Refined markings for matching Distressor Detector settings.
- Higher resolution readout on Det BP BW. Reads to .01 places.
- More support for Control Surfaces, including new Venue systems, like S3L and S6L.
Price: $299 or $4.99/month; $49.99/year.