The main new features are:
- SampleMerge reorganization process for consolidating libraries in a small number of big sample files, allowing you full use of your library with no limit imposed by OSX "max number of open files".
- New snapshot/restore capability that acts as "undo" for moving back files to their previous locations.
- New option for making each instrument filename unique. Identically named instruments get an increasing numeric suffix.
- Optimized global memory allocation strategy. EM now uses around one third of the memory previously needed.
- Faster processing, typically from 30% to 50% faster than v2.1.
- History of recently selected directories maintained.
- New "hierarchy" options for moving samples and instruments maintaining their directory hierarchies.
The complete list of features and improvements, the updated manual and a demo can be found at http://www.redmatica.com
Version 2.5 is a free update from v2.1: registered customers will automatically receive the update in the next few days.