eXtream Software Development has released an iOS version of their multitrack studio app, Audio Evolution Mobile. Its popular Android version has been ported to run on all iPads running iOS 8 or higher.
In addition to the functionality of the Android version, the iOS app features support for AudioBus, Inter-App and Audio Unit effects and instruments, document sharing and a web server providing easy access to projects and samples from other devices.
Audio Evolution Mobile for iOS is a free download with in-app purchases. To create more than 3 tracks, add busses or use more than 1 effect per track, the Pro in-app purchase is required at an introductory price of €5.99.
- Multitrack audio recording / playback.
- MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor.
- Drum pattern editor.
- Inter-app audio effects and instruments.
- AudioBus support.
- Audio Unit v3 instruments and effects.
- Non-linear editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade, etc. with full undo/redo.
- Virtual instruments (comes with free instruments and more instrument packs to download with in-app purchase).
- Wide range of downloadable loops available (free and paid).
- Clip volume and fade points.
- Loop playback.
- Automation of mixer and effect parameters.
- Mix-down to WAV, AIFF and ALAC.
- Punch in/out.
- Zoom down to the sample.
- Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection.
- Unlimited number of tracks (more than 3 requires the Pro in-app purchase).
- Unlimited number of groups (requires the Pro in-app purchase).
- Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more.
- Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching.
- Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings).
- Projects are interchangeable with our Android version.
- Export to other DAWs by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems).
- Media server to access your files easily from a desktop computer.
The following in-app purchases are available to expand the app:
- FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser).
- FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ).
- ToneBoosters effect pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb).
- ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer.
- ToneBoosters Compressor.
- Autotune with two-voice harmonizer.
- Soundfont instrument packs.
- Loop packs from Function Loops.