eXtream Software Development has released a major update to their Android DAW, Audio Evolution Mobile. Version 4 contains many enhancements in the MIDI/instrument area including a drum pattern editor and easier workflow for working with instruments.
To offer a wide range of quality instruments, eXtream Software Development partnered with Digital Sound Factory to license original sounds from several E-MU rack synthesizers (Orbit, Planet Phatt, Xtreme Lead), the Native Instruments Kontakt Keyboards collection and 5 professionally recorded drum kits. These are available as in-app purchases.
Here is a selection of the changes:
- Drum pattern editor: create drum tracks with ease.
- New instrument selection screen with pre-listen facility: tap on an instrument to hear it or play your USB MIDI keyboard while changing between sounds.
- Instrument selection screen now features an option to purchase new Soundfont packs.
- Soundfonts use a lot less memory: only the data from used presets are loaded into memory.
- New status screen showing connection status of USB audio and MIDI devices graphically.
- Instrument tracks now feature an audio bus. This means you can now apply insert effects, output audio from instrument tracks to a bus etc., just like a regular audio track.
- Added preference option to disable scrolling of the display during playback.
- Added preference option to select the recording file type (wav/flac/ogg).
- Added option 'Merge all clips' to MIDI track menu.
- The path where Soundfonts are loaded from can now be set in the preferences.
- When importing a broadcast WAV file, the app will ask if you want to use the embedded offset information or not.
- Added quantize to MIDI clip menu.
- You can now make changes (draw/remove/move) while playing a loop in the piano roll editor.
Audio Evolution Mobile is available from the Google Play Store for €5.99.