Fanan team has released Yumbu, a free drum sampler VSTi for Windows.
Yumbu (successor of Booboom) is a slot driven drum sampler. It uses a single stage GUI and supports imported MP3 and WAV samples.
Yumbu uses 10 sample slots to build 10 drum component drum-kits. According to this approach, every slot can be anything, from kicks to snares or cymbals. Each slot is triggered by its own unique MIDI note which is noted on its slot button. Yumbu comes with 30 full drum-kits.
Yumbu has a built-in mixer that allows users to tweak any sample separately. Users can use the EQ, change the pitch, add random pitch manipulation to every sample, pan and can use a pitch based round robin effect. The mixer is also armed with 3 master effects (compressor, reverb, delay) with a new effect called "F.R" which allows full scale frequency control over the wet signal, so users can use the effect by sending a fx amount from the "master fx" knob on every channel.
Yumbu loads drum-kits within 0.5 sec and uses a "one button press" preset manager which allows quicker switching. It can set "sample start and "sample end" points with MIDI assignable knobs and it also allows users to tweak the active keyboard's octaves starting points. Yumbu uses 24 preset drum-kit banks. Each preset represents a full drum-kit containing all the components and settings.
Key features list:
- 10 drum sample slots per kit.
- 14 drum element banks with full 30 drum-kits that adjusted to wide range of pop and EDM genres.
- One click drum element menu for fast building.
- Automation file manager.
- 4 additional WAV. pages in the element menu for user's WAV. files.
- MIDI assignable start\end points manager.
- Master effects.
- Graphical MIDI keyboard with assignable keyboard starting points.
- Full virtual mixer with gain knobs, master effect send knobs, pitch knobs, random pitch manager knobs, round robin and pan knobs, master compressor, delay and reverb effects armed with a unique F.R. feature.
- MIDI route options (internal or sent to the DAW through MIDI channels).
- Scalable and customizable GUI.