Felt Tip updates "Sound Studio" Mac Audio Editor to v4.8.4
Felt Tip has updated Sound Studio to v4.8.4.
New in v4.8.4:
- Added a preference for default bit rate.
- Added a warning in the Save panel for when markers and metadata will not be saved in the selected file format.
- Fixed a bug where using search in the Open panel would show grayed-out files.
- Fixed bugs with AAC files related to added silence at start and end.
- Fixed a bug where the bit rate was not being remembered between opening a file and saving it.
- Fixed a bug where certain MP3 files could not be opened.
- Progress is now shown when using the Save Selection As command.
- Fixed bugs with the AppleScript Save command, and by extension, fixed issues with Automator and Monbots.
New in v4.8.3:
- Fixed a bug where the app would crash when trying to save or cancel out of presets.
- Fixed a bug where applying some filters would reduce the audio and selection length.
- Fixed a bug with number input and output fields so that Sound Studio properly handles commas and points.
New in v4.8.2:
- Added an error message for audio unit plug-ins that are not Sandbox Safe. (Audio unit plug-ins that are not Sandbox Safe will not work in Sound Studio.).
- Sound Studio now uses less CPU while recording.
- Fixed a bug with clicking on a marker to select it.
- Fixed a bug with missing "is recording" Applescript property.
- Fixed a bug with the file format popup under the Save As command.
New in v4.8.1:
- Artwork images can now be dragged from the file's Info sheet into the Finder.
- Fixed a bug with reading artwork and comment tags in MP3 ID3v2.3 and later versions.
- Fixed several minor UI bugs.
- Improved waveform display now is in Retina resolution.
- Fixed bug with Insert Silence duration field.
- Fixed bug with Monbots where the app would crash when processing large, uncompressed files.
- Fixed issue with accessing third-party audio unit plug-ins in the app.
New in v4.8:
- Improved waveform display.
- Smoother scrolling and animations.
- Faster level meter display with smoother animations.
- Improved markers display with larger text and a fixed-width text box.
- Fine-tuned how Insert Markers in Gaps works.
- Reinstated missing "Save Sound Studio Document" Automator Action.
- Playback of a single track of audio in a stereo file now plays sound through both output channels.
- Changed the level meter to use 0.0dB instead of -0.01 dB as the clipping threshold.
- Improved multi-core CPU usage, plus other internal improvements.
- Fixed a one-pixel-off vertical ruler.
- Requires Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) or later, because of display improvements.