Five12 has announced that the next generation of Numerology can be downloaded now in preview release form. An all-new UI, Audio and MIDI recording on every stack, OSC support, Sequencer Evolution, and a built-in Stack Library are just a few of the many new features available in Numerology 3, with more on the way.
Numerology 3 SE (Standard Edition) and Numerology 3 Pro Preview Release 1 are now available for download and testing. Build 12 is the current release.
Upgrades from Numerology v1/v2 are currently $34 an can be purchased online. If you purchased Numerology after October 15th 2009, you are eligible for a complimentary upgrade. You can also purchase a Numerology 3 SE license directly - it's the same price as for Numerology 2.
New features implemented so far in Numerology 3 (with the Pro-only features marked as such):
- New UI.
- Evolve [the pro version can run more transformations than the SE version].
- Audio Recording on every stack.
- MIDI Recording on every stack.
- Stack Library.
- Module Settings.
- OSC Learn [pro].
- Multiple output support for Audio Units [pro].
- Monophonic routing support [pro].
- Custom Scale [pro].
- Unary Op, Binary Op, Ternary Conditional [pro].
- Audio Mixer [pro].
- Pan & Volume [pro].
- VCA [pro].
- Clock Offset [pro].
- Gate Generator [pro].
- CV Delay [pro].
- Audio Delay.
- Button Box.
In general, if you primarily uses the NoteSequencers, with a bit of param mod and discrete sequencing, then the SE version will cover what you need. If you work a lot with CV signals and like to build customized sequencing and audio processing setups, then the pro version is definitely the way to go. Both versions will use the same file format. If you load a project that includes pro modules in the SE build, those modules will load and operate correctly, but will have their UI locked in the minimized state, so you will not be able to edit or re-route them.
Numerology SE Audio Unit
What was originally going to be a separate product called the Five12 Sequencer Kit will now be the "Numerology SE Audio Unit", and will be included as a part of Numerology SE. So if you have (or purchase) a license to Numerology 3 Standard Edition, you will get access to an Audio Unit version for no extra charge. And, as before, if you have a pro license, you will get the pro version of the plugin.
There will be a small price increase for Numerology 3 SE. The final price will be $129 (up from $119). The "early bird" upgrade price will remain at $34 for now, but will bump up a bit sometime after the public version of the SE plugin is made available. Also the SE plugin will have a more limited feature set than the Pro plugin. The limitations boil down to three things:
- No Prototype Modules: The AU (just like the App) will come with a large stack library that will include all the most common module combinations (MonoNote, MonoNote + Audio Sample, DrumSeq, DrumSeq + DrumKit), several "discrete sequencing" setups, and lots of other things. And, of course, you can build new things in the standalone version and load them in to the AU via the stack library.
- No Routing page: Since everything is loaded via the stack library, routing access isn't necessary.
- Modules from the Pro version will load and work properly, but will be locked into the minimized state -- just as with pro modules loaded into Numerology 3 SE in the standalone version.
A release schedule for the AU plug-ins is not yet available.