MHC Synthesizers and Effects has announced that Extreme is now available for Mac OS X Universal Binary as an Audio Unit plug-in, complementing the Windows VST version that was released a couple of weeks ago.
Extreme is a hybrid synthesizer which plays an extensive set of extreme waveforms/samples, for example distorted, big, punchy, noisy and wicked waveforms, processing these using a filter, envelopes, an LFO, an ensemble, delays and an effect section which features 133 different effect modes, including crossfading effects and layered effects.
Main features are:
- 1024 presets (if all soundpacks are installed). A soundpack is an expansion which adds new extreme waveforms and presets.
- Crossfading and layered effects which feature distortion, filter banks, a resonator, flanger, sub oscillation, amp modulation, pitch shift etc.
- All knobs can be mapped to MIDI controllers with a simple "learn" function.
- Ensemble with adjustable amount and mix. Stereo delays.
- Full polyphony. Only your CPU sets the limit or you may set a fixed voice limit.
Priced at $139, version 1.0 is now available as a VSTi for Windows and an AudioUnit for Mac OS X (Universal Binary). The optional soundpacks are available for $39 (including all three soundpacks). A demo version may be downloaded.