IK Multimedia has released the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for Amplitube. This new collection features models of the exact gear used by "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott on Pantera's album "Cowboys From Hell." There are nine brand new models including two amps, two cabinets and five stompboxes.
IK Multimedia worked with Dime's long-time guitar tech and right hand man, Grady Champion, to precisely model all of Dime's guitar tones from the album utilizing all the personal guitar effects, amplifiers and cabinets he used while recording Cowboys From Hell. This includes a meticulously modeled reproduction of the highly coveted Randall RG 100ES Amplifier, a completely re-modeled 1986 Roland JC-120 stereo combo amp, and all the pedals Dime used.
- 6-Band EQ based on a unit by MXR; used to shape and boost sound before the amp.
- 3-Band Parametric EQ based on the Furman PQ-3; offers great flexibility for sound shaping.
- Flanger Doubler, based on an MXR Flanger Doubler, offering two effects in one. Primarily used by Dime in "doubler mode" to thicken in his overall tone.
- Dime Wah, based on the Dunlop Cry Baby GCB95. Modeled with precise attention to Dime's lead tones.
- Dime Noise Gate, fast and very responsive; based on the Rocktron Hush IIB model.
- Darrell From Hell 100, modeled to meticulously mirror the Randall RG 100ES solid-state, 120 watt amplifier. The sound and tone of this amp became famous when Dime started using it in the early Pantera days.
- Jazz Amp 120CFH, based on the 1986 Roland JC120, this stereo amp was used on the song Cemetery Gates. Fine-tuned to match the exact tone heard on the album.
- Darrell From Hell 412, based on the Randall 412JB; the perfect companion to the Darrell From Hell 100 amplifier.
- JP Jazz CFH, the stereo cabinet section of the Roland JC120 combo that features 2x12-inch speakers.
Grady Champion, friend and guitar technician for Dimebag Darrell, also adds: "What a lucky guy I was to know him. He was my friend first and took me on a ride I'll never forget. I owe him everything. I am very fortunate to be included in this project and help create the Dimebag Darrell Cowboys From Hell version of AmpliTube. Can't wait for you all to hear it."
Pantera bandmate Philip Anselmo adds, "Dime was as brutally hilarious as was his playing lethal. During extreme writing sessions, it was his sense of humor that made the intensity of those moments that much more endurable. Like Vince, Dime was a perfectionist in the studio and in a live setting, so his comedic styling benefitted all involved – the band, crew & audience. He was one in a zillion and his methodology lives on with every studio endeavor or tour I do. Bless his memory."
Price: $/€99.99 - If you've already pre-ordered, head to My Products and grab your serial number and download for this update to AmpliTube now. To celebrate IK's Happy Holi-deals promotion, special introductory pricing has been extended through the end of the year.