Impact Soundworks has released Peak Rider, a dynamics processing plug-in in VST/AU formats. The plug-in creates a volume envelope for the main input based on the dynamics (peaks) of the sidechain signal, using a blend of boost & attenuation depending on the sidechain.
Unlike a traditional compress or expander, the volume processing matches the sidechain signal precisely whether it rises or falls in volume. For example, a static pad sound, matched to a dynamic drum loop with strong transients and soft ghost notes, will take on the dynamic characteristics of the drum loop.
Envelope controls and multiple processing modes are available including Exact, Duck, Noboost and Limit, allowing for a variety of novel mixing and creative effects not possible with traditional dynamics tools.
- Single and multi-band processing modes.
- Sample-accurate analysis with zero-latency.
- Minimum and linear phase modes available.
- Range & Mix controls for effect strength.
- LR and Mid/Side stereo processing.
- Linked and independent stereo processing.
- 6 to 24dB filter slopes.
Price: $99 - It will be $79 through January 19th, 2016.
A full trial version is also available.