Impact Soundworks has released Super Audio Cart PC, a Kontakt Player-powered virtual instrument featuring 8 classic computer systems and soundsets. Each system has been sampled in detail through original hardware, with over 7,000 waveforms in total. The instrument is powered by a custom 4-layer Kontakt synthesizer engine that includes 1,100+ NKS-compatible snapshots, and is available now for $99 (crossgrade available).
Super Audio Cart PC was designed to deliver authentic, faithful reproductions of classic computer sounds as well as tools to modify, remix, and reimagine these sounds for the modern era.
- Sounds from: Amiga, Atari 400/800 (POKEY), AEGIS synth, MSX / SCC.
- Commodore 64, Amiga Tracker, WinGroove, SoundBlaster/AdLib card.
- ALL sounds recorded through actual hardware where applicable.
- Multiple versions of many sounds: Line vs. Mic, normal vs. limited, etc.
- Synth tones, acoustic multisamples, resampled instruments and FX, drumkits, oneshots.
- Carefully edited and looped for maximum authenticity.
- Four independent sound source layers.
- Integrated sound source browser.
- Over a dozen filter models.
- Mapping, playback, mono/poly and portamento controls.
- 5 FX racks with 8 modules each.
- Includes custom SNESVERB.
- Poly arpeggiator, gate & sequencer.
- Sound, FX, and arp randomizers.
- XY performance pad.
- 64-slot modulation matrix.
Video Walkthrough: YouTube.com/watch?v=s3yh7jsN6IU
Audio Demos (All demos are 100% Super Audio Cart PC): SoundCloud.com/isworks/sets/super-audio-cart-pc-demos