Insert Piz Here has announced the release of Mr. Alias 2, which is now open source and cross-platform.
Mr. Alias 2 uses non-bandlimited oscillators which can be transposed near to and beyond the Nyquist frequency, causing most of their spectra to be aliased back into audible non-harmonic frequencies. The sound can then be further processed by a number of crude "effects."
Though it is based on the same concept as the original, Mr. Alias 2 is completely rewritten for cross-platform compatibility, and has a number of significant improvements.
- 2 oscillators.
- 18 waveforms.
- Full stereo processing.
- 6 filter types including a formant filter.
- Filter envelope.
- External audio processing.
- Patch randomizer button.
- Highly configurable MIDI control with MIDI learn.
- MIDI-controllable patch morphing.
- Drag & drop preset and MIDI map loading.
- Resizable GUI.
Mr. Alias 2 is available for Windows, Mac OS X Universal Binary and Linux in VST and AU instrument plug-in formats.