Insert Piz Here releases Mr. Alias Pro v2.1
Insert Piz Here has released version 2.1 of Mr. Alias Pro - which is available for free to anyone who donates for Mr. Alias.
IPH says: "the sound was still not quite "pro" enough. So, I added some 3D knobs and sliders, and labeled the controls. It's skinnable, and also has two assignable LFOs, an extra assignable envelope, an updated user's manual, higher CPU usage, etc."
Mr. Alias Pro uses non-band-limited oscillators which can be transposed near to and beyond the Nyquist frequency, causing most of their spectra to be aliased back into audible non-harmonic frequencies. The sound can then be further processed by a number of crude "effects."
- 2 oscillators.
- 18 waveforms.
- Full stereo processing.
- 6 filter types including a formant filter.
- Filter envelope.
- External audio processing.
- Patch randomizer button.
- Highly configurable MIDI control with MIDI learn.
- MIDI-controllable patch morphing.
- Included bank of 128 presets.
- Drag & drop preset and MIDI map loading.
- "Wack" GUI.
Exclusive features in Mr. Alias Pro include:
- Better-sounding "Pro" GUI with realistic wood sides.
- Integrated MIDI keyboard - play with mouse or QWERTY keys (right-click to hold a note).
- Modulation of internal parameters from audio input, envelopes, etc.
- Extra assignable envelope and two LFOs.
- Glide and Retrigger for legato playing in Mono mode.
- Set each oscillator to a constant pitch, ignoring MIDI note value.
- New bank of patches.
Be sure to read the manual to understand all the special hidden features.
Mr. Alias Pro is donationware and is available in AU and VST instrument formats for Windows and Mac OS X (Universal Binary). It's released under the GPL so you could download the source and compile the "Pro" version yourself without paying anything if you are that way inclined.