Kirk Hunter Studios has released Virtuoso Ensembles for Native Instruments Kontakt Player with an introductory price of $199.99 for a limited time (normal price is $299.99).
Virtuoso Ensembles is described as "an epic virtual orchestral collection that's ideal for music composition and live music performance". Designed with flexibility, you have the ability to orchestrate your own custom ensembles putting the orchestra at your command.
Virtuoso Ensembles delivers all strings, brass and woodwind solo sections of a full orchestra while also including auxiliary percussion, epic hits, pristine piano, and an elegant choir. The strings, brass and woodwind sections are the collective core of this library. These instruments are optimized to have a very low memory footprint, while still being "chromatically" multi-sampled. For more technical details about the entire product please download the manual (PDF).
Virtuoso Ensembles includes over 4404 samples, and over 2.5 GB compressed sample content using Kontakt's lossless sample storage compression. All samples are delivered at 44.1kHz / 24-bit.
Key Features Of Virtuoso Ensembles:
- Control four instrument sections, (strings, brass, woodwind solos) mapped across the keyboard for a realistic feeling of an entire orchestral compliment.
- Multiple articulations, dynamics, and round robins.
- Provides efficient and intuitive control to modify the split or crossfade between each of the 4 sections giving you flexibility to get the ideal mix.
- Intuitive visual dynamic LED indication for active section and active keys played.
- Effortlessly switch between "Legato" and "Poly" modes.
- Uses IntervaLive to add realistic transitional intervals in both "Legato" and "Poly" mode.
- Stack up any combination of the 4 sections together, or use them independently.
- Control the mix of each section's volume and pan.
- Includes many popular "sustained" articulations - Arco, Marcato, Tremolo, Soft and Medium Tongue, Sforzando, and more.
- Includes many popular "short" articulations - Staccato, Staccatissimo, Spiccato, and Pizzicato.
- Uses "slur" and "sustain" articulations. Even aggressive ones such as "Marcato" will always have smooth slurs.
- Provides accent strength control for the Marcato, Sforzando, Staccato, Staccatissimo, and Spiccato articulations via velocity and MIDI CC .
- Crossfade any "sustain" articulation with the "tremolo" articulation via MIDI CC (Strings only).
- User-selectable keyswitching.
- Choose volume control via velocity, or MIDI CC, or both.
- Velocity sensitivity (strings, brass, woodwinds) and MIDI CC sensitivity (Strings) control for volume.
- Fine-tune envelope attack and release control.
- 3 band semi-parametric equalization.
- Reverb on/off and amount.
- Room size (for reverb).
- Microphone distance (with or without reverb).
Overview Video: youtu.be/_RgN09DGq-8
Instrument Demo Video: youtu.be/gTfsB-Czfl0