Klevgrand has announced the release of Stark, is a fully fledged amplifier simulator consisting of four modules: Amplifier, Cabinet, Room and a Pedal board. The modules process audio separately, which makes it possible to combine different amplifiers with different cabinets and rooms.
What separates Stark from other amp simulators, say Klevgrand, is that the cab, amp and ambience modules are built on Klevgrand's very own algorithms that doesn't involve any convolution or FFT analysis. According to Klevgränd, their approach renders a more natural response to dynamics over the whole frequency spectrum. Owing to their method Klevgränd also has the ability to fine-tune each profile in ways that just isn't possible when using convolving methods.
- The Amplifier module offers 12 different amplifier profiles. It has both a clean mode and an overdrive mode, an equalizer functionality (including presence), and a booster controlling the end stage amplification saturation.
- The Cabinet simulation consists of 10 different cabinets of various sizes and sound. This module also offers a stereo width knob that simulates the distance between two microphones put in front of the cone.
- The Room simulation offers 6 different kinds of rooms, where each room size can be changed between Small, Medium and Large. There's also a decay parameter controlling reflectivity of the walls and a dry/wet mix.
- The Pedal board contains 4 FX slots where any of the 14 included effects can be inserted. The order of the pedals can easily be changed using drag and drop.
- 12 amps with both clean and overdrive channel.
- 10 cabinets of various sizes and sound.
- FX Board with 4 slots (14 effects available).
- 6 room types with configuration options.
- Plenty of factory presets covering most genres and styles.
- Ultra low latency.
- AU/VST/AAX $39.99 (Intro price until Apr 15, then $79.99).
- iOS (AUv3 only) $9.99 (50% off intro price until Apr 15).