Lunacy Audio has released CUBE, a virtual instrument capable of blending multiple samples in a 3D interface to create dynamic and evolving sounds for use in music production. The say:
With thousands of samples recorded by LA musicians, CUBE offers a detailed collection of sampled instruments, ranging from beautiful violins to gritty guitars to juicy analog synths. Its proprietary 3D interface, with graphics coded and designed by engineers from Pixar, allows you to blend all of these samples using a custom XYZ grid and tempo-synced orbit system.
CUBE ships with more than 100 sampled instruments and 400 presets with additional preset packs on the way (free for all CUBE owners).
- 100+ Sampled Instruments - Over 3000 samples with multiple dynamic layers.
- 400+ Presets - Designed by experienced composers and producers.
- 40+ Orbits - Creative motion presets for transforming your patches.
- 8 Samplers - Each with an arpeggiator, filters, envelopes, step sequencers, reverse, monophonic, glide, pan, and tuning.
- 13 FX Modules - Filters, Visual EQ, Saturation, Waveshaping Distortion, Bitcrusher, Compressor, Chorus, Phase, Delay, Algorithmic Reverb, Convolution Reverb, Limiter.
- Powerful Modulation System - 4 detailed LFOs, macro control, and a modulation matrix.
- Custom Graphics Engine - A proprietary OpenGL graphics engine for visualizing your presets and transforming your sound in real-time.
- Orbit Customizer - Build and save your own orbits from scratch with per-axis control.
- Randomization Algorithms - Quickly create new patches by randomizing sounds, orbits, and FX.
- Eco-Mode - A special CPU saving feature that minimizes RAM usage and CPU load.
- Custom MIDI Control - Set global CCs for The Orb position and main page controls.
Price: $249. Lunacy Audio offers a 14-day return policy, so you can try the product risk-free.