LVC-Audio has released PreAMPed, a virtual preamp modeling plugin.
PreAMPed is an audio plugin that is designed to recreate many of the qualities of analog preamplifiers. PreAMPed has 13 distinct preamp models with separate EQ curves, saturation sounds, transient responses, crosstalk, and a many other specifications. Overall, PreAMPed utilizes over forty separate parameters to determine each of the 13 different preamp modules within PreAMPed.
As a tool, PreAMPed can be used on multiple tracks to provide subtle enhancement and saturation to individual track elements, or on overall mixes. PreAMPed includes many controls that are common on mixing consoles and separate hardware preamps, as well as some unique controls.
- Common hardware preamp controls, including gain, phase, and left/right channel swapping.
- Four-band EQ, including high and low shelf filters, and two parametric mid band EQs.
- Drive control that simulates increasing or decreasing the internal gain of a hardware preamp, while maintaining a consistent output level.
- Stereo controls, including balance, stereo width, and mid/side processing option.
- Adjustable output clipper.
- Additional saturation with controllable high pass filter.
- Selectable oversampling.
- User-friendly graphical input and output metering with VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters.
Price: $47.70 at the LVC-Audio Purchase Page. If you are a previous LVC-Audio customer, you can receive a 10% discounted price for PreAMPed. Please use the Contact Page to receive a link to complete the purchase at a discounted rate.
System requirements and specifications
- Windows: VST and VST3 plugin formats. PreAMPed requires Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 machines with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later).
- OS X: AU, VST, and VST3 plugin formats. PreAMPed requires OS X 10.5 or later, and an Intel Core2Duo processor (or better).
A demo version of PreAMPed can be downloaded at lvcaudio.com. The demo version of the plugin is fully functioning except for occasional bypassing of the plugin's processing (approximately 1 time per minute, for 4 seconds). Before purchasing PreAMPed, please download and test the demo version of the plugin to ensure that it works on your system and with your chosen DAW software. For any questions or problems with PreAMPed, please use the Contact Page.