Madrona Labs has released version 1.0.2 of Virta, their patchable toolbox for making audio-controllable synths and effects. The new version brings compatibility with Steinberg's Cubase as well as other improvements:
- Added a MIDI-controlled effect version, enabling Cubase compatibility.
- Improved graphics performance with OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Changed preset loading to strip unused settings.
- Fixed a problem with Reaper always passing through dry audio.
- Fixed a problem with audio stopping at some parameter settings.
- Brightened background color.
Virta 1.0.2 is a free update for registered users. A free demo version—with saving restriction and a gentle reminder sound—is also available. A single Virta license costs $89, and allows installation on multiple Mac and Windows computers.