Mathew Lane has announced the release of version 3.0 of the spatial processor plug-in DrMS.
The plug-in has been re-coded from the ground up in a partnership with Mu Technologies. DrMS is now a true native VST/AU/RTAS plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows that no longer requires the Pluggo Runtime shell.
DrMS also includes numerous improvements and new features over version 2, such as the newly implemented mastering grade filters, the addition of the Feedback circuit for reverb creation and special effects, the improved GUI with value displays and the inclusion of example preset settings.
- MS encoding & decoding.
- Spatial audio processing: Zoom in, add Depth, change Width.
- New mastering grade filters.
- Resonant HPF, LPF and Delay on each of the four processing sections.
- New Feedback circuit for reverb creation and special effects.
- Full mono compatibility.
- Autogain circuit for easy level matched A/B comparison.
- Improved GUI with value displays.
- Smart MCU control surface layout.
- Wide range of applications for mixing, mastering and post production, going from simple MS encoding/decoding, over stereo field and depth enhancement, to fixing mono compatibility issues and more.
- Presets developed by Dylan '3D' Dresdow (Black Eyed Peas, Michael Jackson, Usher) and Emre Ramazanoglu (Shakira, Alexander McQueen, Lou Rhodes).
- Installation and authorization with choice of using iLok or Challenge/Response.
DrMS v3.0 is immediately available for €99 (excl. VAT) at www.mathewlane.com. A 10-day trial period is included with the installer that can be downloaded. For all current DrMS users, a special upgrade path to DrMS v3.0 is offered for €25 (excl. VAT) until the end of 2009.