Meatscience has announced the release of Convolution Reverb AU, a new plug-in that, according to Meatscience, matches or exceeds Audio Ease's Altiverb 6 and Waves' IR-1 on accuracy and low-latency while offering similar performance on Intel-Macs - all at the much lower price of $50.
This plug-in coincides with the launch of irlibrary.org - an open IR repository for users to submit their impulse responses and download impulses from a well-organized, expansive library with server-side convolution allowing instant online preview with a variety of audio signals.
Convolution Reverb AU Features:
- Fast (SSE Optimized for Intel Macs).
- Live switching between IRs.
- Mono, Stereo, and True Stereo (4-channel) IRs supported.
- Supports WAV, AIFF, and SDIR IRs.
- Works with the Open IR Library.
- Automatic Gain.
- Cocoa Native UI, Clean and Fast.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $50, Convolution Reverb AU is available for Mac OS X 10.5+ running on Intel-Macs only. RTAS and VST ports are planned at some point.