The Mix Challenge competitions start off with two games this month.
The following challenges are currently open to compete in:
- Mix Challenge #061:
- Have the chance to work on a Jazz (Big Band) production.
- Deadline: 21st of December.
- Songwriting Competition #028:
- The theme being "The End is Nigh".
- Create a production in the Singer / Songwriter genre.
- Deadline: 24th of December.
Prizes will be awarded to the Winners Podium. Among them (selection): Acon Digital, Ghostwave Audio, Hollow Sun, Hornet Plugins, IK Multimedia, kv331 audio, Luftrum, Metric Halo, NOS Audio, Rekkerd Sounds, Satyatunes Graphic and Sound Design and Tone2.
Parallel to the competitions in December, the Mix Challenge community is collecting sounds and samples for the upcoming Songwriting Competition in January 2020, where it is only allowed to use these samples as main sound sources. Participants can however mangle this material through re-sampling, modulation, wavetable synthesis or similar. No additional instrument usage is allowed:
- Songwriting Competition - Community Scramble:
- sound and sample collection for SWC029/January 2020.
- Deadline: 21st of December 2019.