Nassen Software Development has released Matryx "Early Adopter" edition, which can be purchased for €25. A fully functional free version is available.
Initially released as an entry into the KVR Developer Challenge 2006, Matryx is a sophisticated step sequencer designed for complex loop creation. It has all kinds of panels, pattern-sequencers, and a song-sequencer to live record MIDI-in and user interface interactions including VST tweaks.
Matryx can be the start of a composition as a loop creation tool, a variation generator for themes, a scratchpad for song layout, and a Modular VST-rack.
- Loop creation sequencer.
- VST Host with ASIO and Rewire support.
- Mini Modular.
- MIDI In + MIDI Out, MTC.
- VST Multi Out support.
- ASIO Audio record support with threshold level.
- MIDI Import/Export.
- Mixer and mixer-states with interpolation.
- VST Automation.
- Wave Render (16bit|32bit).
- Chords and strumming.
- Phrase record, Rhythm record, Step record.
- Performance record.
- Rhythmical controllers/transposers.