NOIISE and Adrian Belew release 'FLUX:FX play' - creative multi-effects processor for iPhone and iPod Touch
NOIISE and Adrian Belew have announced the release of the professional multi-effects processor app FLUX:FX play, available for iPhone and iPod Touch.
Built on the same Red-Dot awarded audio platform as the master FLUX:FX iPad app, FLUX:FX play has been made as a tool for creative musicians and sound designers to manipulate an audio signal into something new, both in the studio and on stage.
Suitable for guitar, vocals, bass, synth, drums, DJ setups, violin, essentially any instrument or sound source can be processed in real-time via the intuitive touchscreen interface of FLUX:FX play, and there are 282 performance presets to choose from.
Some key features of FLUX:FX play:
- 31 individual effects blocks are built-in to the app engine, with up to 5 chained together within the performance presets.
- A step sequencer is programmed into many of the performance presets, adding a fluid dimension to the sound.
- FLUX:FX play has a minimalist interface with easy-to-use controls.
- Audiobus compatibility, Inter-App Audio compatibility, MIDI.
- FLUX:FX play features very low-latency settings to give truly professional performance capabilities.
- FLUX:FX play does not have the deep editing of the effects that is a feature of the full FLUX:FX app, but performance presets can be created and edited in the iPad app and then ported into FLUX:FX play.
Price: $4.99 in the App Store.