Particle Sound has released JNO II, their next generation sampled Juno 106 instrument which takes all of the original samples and features of JNO I and expands on them by more than doubling the core library size, adding new features like 2 true oscillators per layer and including the same selectable insert effects architecture first introduced in Forks.
JNO II's dual oscillators per layer add up to 4 simultaneous sound sources per instrument with each layer also having its own complete multimode filter, panning and modulation sections. The oscillator sections of each layer are identical with oscillator 1 letting you choose from over 140 waveforms, multi-sampled synth or processed sounds while oscillator 2 allows you to select from 66 waveforms and steady state sounds. This new architecture allows access to JNO II's entire core library from a single .NKI instrument with the factory presets stored as 106 Kontakt 5 snapshots.
JNO II's effects section has 4 freely assignable insert effects slots in addition to master delay and convolution reverb send effects. The convolution reverb allows a choice between one of 60 custom impulse responses, including 25 new impulses sampled from the DEP-5, a little known vintage Roland effects unit from the same era as the Juno 106 that has a grainy, washy sound. Each of the 4 insert slots allows a choice between one of 18 different effects including Eq, compression, distortion, cabinet emulation, modulation and reverb type effects.
- Dual layer interface with individually linkable sections.
- 2 oscillators, 1 multimode filter, 3 envelopes and 2 LFOs available per layer.
- Dedicated controller section with 1 source and 2 destinations per layer.
- 106 presets using Kontakt 5 snapshots.
- 142 samples & waves to choose from based on 50 core multi-samples from the Juno 106.
- 4 freely assignable insert FX slots with each one having a choice between one of 18 different effects.
- 60 custom impulse responses, including 25 new responses from the Roland DEP-5.
- Includes 1,753 24-bit samples in total, weighing in at 922MB in compressed .NCW format (1.2GB uncompressed equivalent).
- Full retail version of Kontakt 18.104.22.1680 or later.
- 950MB of free hard disk space.
JNO II is available now at ParticleSound.com for $49.99.