M10 I features 741MB of 24-bit samples from the Korg MS-10 analog mono-synth organized into 31 NKI based presets. Little brother to the famous and now reissued MS-20, the single oscillator MS-10's lesser price provided an achievable entry into analog synthesis, while still being a great sounding synth.
The unit sampled here is a particularly unruly and slightly unstable beast that often sounds like it is just on the edge of falling completely over into chaos. Deep tubby basses, ambient leads, resonant sweeps and distorted soundscapes are some of the kinds of sounds on offer here and in addition to the fully sampled patches Particle Sound has included individual waveforms and noise for the greatest possible flexibility.
The Korg MS10 is a single oscillator mono-synth but thanks to the power of Kontakt and Particle Sound's unique Carbon interface M10 I is able to expand on that core character with polyphonic dual layer patches and up to 4 voices of stacked unison. Each layer contains individually linkable sections with a selection of 6 sampled waves and/or multi-samples with sample start point modulation, an additional noise source and a multimode filter. A complement of 2 full envelopes, 1 attack/release envelope and 2 LFOs are available and can be assigned to a variety of internal parameters. Each layer also includes it's own controller section where 2 assignable parameters can be controlled in varying amounts by a single knob for easy mod-wheel or aftertouch assignments. A global FX section rounds out the interface with access to up to 6 simultaneous effects for the final grit or polish.
- 741MB (uncompressed) of 24-bit samples from the Korg MS-10.
- 31 tagged NKI based presets featuring tubby basses, noisy poly-synths, ambient leads, resonant sweeps and dissonant soundscapes.
- Includes fully sampled patches as well as individual waveforms and noise.
- Intuitive dual layer interface with individually linkable sections.
- Each layer offers mixable noise and start point modulation with a choice of 6 sampled waves and/or multi-samples.
- 1 AHDSR, 1 ADSR, 1 AR and 2 LFOs.
- Selectable LP, HP, or Notch filters and an assignable controller section.
- Global sample shift and scaling accuracy sliders.
- Global FX section with up to 6 simultaneous effects.
- Full retail version of Kontakt 18.104.22.168 or later.
- 741MB of free hard drive space.
Price: $10 with and introductory price of $5.99 until May 21st.