Production Voices has released The Halfling for sforzando, a fantasy inspired virtual instrument for the free Plogue sforzando player that combines both hifi and lofi samples to create otherworldly sounds suitable for game composers, film composers, sound designers, music producers, pianists and musicians.
The Halfling for sforzando starts with a Hobbit-sized upright piano and extents into a soundscape instrument that includes the spellbound sounds of a Hobbit or Halfling. The 2 stereo microphone perspective upright piano alone is the centrepiece in this unearthly sample library, but the piano samples are just the beginning. Inspired by Production Voices own Death Piano, The Halfling is tortured, demented and beautifully flawed in a similar vein, but this time with a new sample set that includes throat singing samples, Wurlitzer 200A lid off, thumb piano, lo fi choir samples, wine glasses, bowls, pipe organ, toy piano, electric pianos and other oddities. All samples are new content recorded for this library. The samples are used as building blocks to create piano and soundscape oddities.
The library is 10 GB in size before lossless compression and comes with about 100 snapshots/presets.
- Upright Piano with 2 Stereo Microphone Perspectives.
- Upright contains pedal up, pedal down, pedal noises, mechanical noises.
- Sympathetic Resonance with on/off and volume controls.
- Sampled key up mechanical noises from the actual keyboard action.
- Round-robin pedal noise samples with normal and loud settings.
- Upright piano and choirs sampled at 24-bit 44.1k.
- All other samples sampled at 24-bit 96k (delivered as 16-bit 44.1k).
- Pipe Organ sample set: Full rank and Flute rank.
- Throat singing: Hmm, Ahh, Eee, Vowel morphs, Drones.
- Extensive Controls page to morph sounds.
- Reverse samples.
Intro Price: $29 until March 30, 2020 (Reg. $99).
Audio Demos: SoundCloud.com/productionvoices/sets/the-halfling