Sample Librarian is a tool for managing audio samples and sample CDs. It is specifically designed to search and audition large collections of sample files. Once the sounds are found they can be drag-and-dropped directly into a DAW.
New features and enhancements:
- New: Propellerheads ReCycle (.REX, .RX2 and .RCY) files are now fully supported and can have their metadata imported (sample rate, bit depth, etc.) as well as additional ReCycle-specific metadata (i.e. tempo and time signature). They can also be previewed from within Sample Librarian like all other built-in file types.
- New: ACID loop metadata (tempo, time signature and root note) is now imported from WAV files that include this information.
- New: Pressing F12 toggles between a mini sidebar view and the full application. This is very useful when you are ready to transfer samples to your DAW and need Sample Librarian to be visible alongside without having to move and resize the main window.
- New: A warning that audio is muted is now shown if the volume slider is set to zero gain.
- Fixed: On first run the volume slider was set at zero gain. This has now been corrected to initialise to maximum gain.